cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do the games look like there brodcast in SD not HD ?

musky
I Plan to Stick Around

i am watching my game through my xbox1 my download is 25 mb and upload is 12mb last night i was watching the nashvile and islander game it looked like hd for about 5 sec every 5 min the it looked like it switched to sd it was hard to follow the puck because sd is horrible is there a reason for this.

Spoiler

***edited labels***

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Why do the games look like there brodcast in SD not HD ?

RogersAsif
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Welcome to the Community @musky

I haven't tried Rogers GameCentre Live on Xbox One yet, but I used it on my PS4 and other devices and the quality was great too me. Have you compared with other platforms such as PC to rule out a connection issue? The greater your bandwidth the better the quality.

Anyone is else in the Community using Rogers GameCentre Live on Xbox One? Feel free to chime inSmiley Happy

RogersAsif

musky
I Plan to Stick Around

itswerid because i can see the quality of the picture drop to sd when watching it in hd.

RogersAsif
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Hello @musky

That's usually an indication that the connection rate is dropping. For example, if im watching a game then go to spot with less coverage(wifi or data) the stream will start to degraded.

I just thew on a game on my laptop for first second it appeared choppy as the program was establishing a stronger connection, but now its great quality. Similar to what I mentioned above.

Is this happening with all your devices?  We would be glad to help troubleshoot the issues.

RogersAsif

musky
I Plan to Stick Around

so far iv only run it on my xbox1 ,because i want to watch the game on my tv.

RogersAsif
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

@musky

Any updates? Are you still having this issue, tested on any other devices yet?

RogersAsif

musky
I Plan to Stick Around

all i have is a 3gb laptop can i test it on that,also if i turn my tv or xbox down to 720p instead of 1080 would that help the streem.

RogersAsif
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Ok please test on your laptop and let me know if you notice any difference. Can you also run a speed test and let me know what you are getting? Also, your Internet package speeds would be helpful as well.

I don't believe changing the TV settings or Xbox settings would be any help, but it's worth a shot.

RogersAsif

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation