Why are existing customer paying for paper billing? This is not part of the original agreement.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Why are existing customer paying for paper billing? This is not part of the original agreement.

Hello Gdkitty

That is true. Banks try to charge customers for paper invoice. I had to which to online so i don't pay.
Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Why are existing customer paying for paper billing? This is not part of the original agreement.

meow mix and anyone else.  they had this disclaimer which was widely known "IF YOU MAKE ANY ACCOUNT CHANGES IE ADD A FEATURE OR CHANGE YOUR PLAN OR RENEW. YOU WILL AGREE TO THE PAPER BILLING CHARGE"

So i did none of that i had the same plan for like ever and am even term free, guess what? they made a change to their terms of service to cover the small percentage of people who dont do anything to get them to pay for paper bill fee,  sounds sneaky right? well it is, but what do u expect from a company such as rogers.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Pauly

That is correct. They did have this disclaimer. The issue here is that they want u to get online billing so that way you save the $2 paper billing fee. Not many are young and not many do have emails or access to the Internet. It seems that most companies can get a few extra dollars from us using this excuse now.
Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

The problem is, its just not rogers.
Its all the telecoms.
Its just about every bank... software company, etc.

They ALL do it.. the ToU/ToS documents.. are there to protect the COMPANY not the user.  They benifit the company, not the user.
They almost all have the same sorts of stipulations in them 😞

(take world of warcraft for example.. the ToU states, that you must pay your monthly subscription to play the game.  But it also states that they can BAN you from the game for any reason they so choose (your names bob, your banned!), and that the game can not be working/able to connect to it... but you still agree that you have to pay your full monthly fee)

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Gdkitty

LOL good old WOW.  They only really ban u from the game if you do anything offensive or hack. They don't ban u randomly and never have i heard that happen unless something serious happened. I do agree about the rest tho.

All banks, carries and companies have ij sights that they can take money from customers this way and it's been long enough they have been doing it. Its time they stop. They say the money goes to the environment but i doubt it.

jays77
I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Gdkitty wrote:

Thats true, if this sort of stuff is being stoped.. its more than just the telecom companies that the government needs to target.

My bank has been trying to charge for paper statements for a while now, had to move them all to digital.

From what I read in news clippings if the CRTC do ban the charging for paper billing, it could end up effecting banks as well.  The governments goal as per the most recent throne speach, is supposed to be to end the practice period.