Why are existing customer paying for paper billing? This is not part of the original agreement.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Artine
I Plan to Stick Around

Why are existing customer paying for paper billing? This is not part of the original agreement.

Why are existing customer paying for paper billing?

This is not part of the original agreement.

There was no notice of change or agreement.

***edited labels***

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Why are existing customer paying for paper billing? This is not part of the original agreement.

No where in the terms of service (nor any contract, as far as i am aware) does it have anything about how the billing is done.. therefore it can change at any time.

The only thing contained in the ToS is as follows:

Unless otherwise specified in a Service Agreement, we may change, at any time, any charges, features, content, functionality, structure or any other aspects of the Month-to-Month Services or the Term Services, as well as any term or provision of a Service Agreement, upon notice to you by bill message, text message, letter or e-mail.

There was notice of the change comming, sent out months before it did happen.  So at least legaly, they ARE able to do so.

I am not DEFENDING them in any way.. i prefer paper billing.. and have switched to online to save the money, and print off the PDF version afterwards.

Unfortunately though, there is not much we can do about it.

Lyckos
I've Been Around

Re: Why are existing customer paying for paper billing? This is not part of the original agreement.

Rogers, your greed overwhelms me...

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Lyckos

Its not really Rogers only. Bell, Telus and other carriers / companies make their customers pay for paper billing. While i do agree no one should pay it, they have seen customers are upset at this. I do not know if they will do something in the future but i hope they do.
GeorgeThorkelso
I Plan to Stick Around

Simple. Money from here helps cover the costs of that ridiculous NHL contract that will cost several billions.

Why a provider is dictating content and "editorial control" is beyond me. Complain to the Feds.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello GeorgeThorkelso

Wrong. They had the paper fee years ago.. So its not not that. The NHL contact has NOTHING to do with this. They started this if i am not mistaken in 2010 or earlier..

The feds won't do much Sadly as many and even me have complained to them and nothing with the NEW CRTC rule took it out. It seems that the CRTC won't listen to this. 

jays77
I'm a Trusted Contributor

The feds. have said they want the fee for paper bills stopped. The CRTC is presently gathering information from consumer groups and telecom companies. A ruling against the fee could possibly apply to all companies and banks. Time will tell.

In some cases people have had the fee removed simpl,y, by asking.
Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

i started only getting paper billing fee THIS YEAR.  and made no changes to my account at all.  the answer is simple, greed.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Pauly

Hmm i and others i know have been getting it since mid or so of 2010. Doesn't make sense some get it then and some get it this year.. Then again some stuff at Rogers never make sense lol. 

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thats true, if this sort of stuff is being stoped.. its more than just the telecom companies that the government needs to target.

My bank has been trying to charge for paper statements for a while now, had to move them all to digital.