Why Do Apps Randomly Disappear

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maxtoo
I'm Here A Lot

Why Do Apps Randomly Disappear

Hey yeah,

What's the deal with apps randomly disappearing on their own.  I've had this happen 3-4x with a few specific apps.

-max

******* Edit labels ********

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Why Do Apps Randomly Disappear

Hello Max and welcome to the Rogers Community forums.

Which Android phone are you using? Also what is the software version in the phone as well?. Thanks
maxtoo
I'm Here A Lot

yeah I guess that would help wouldn't it.

GSII LTE - 2.3.5
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Have you tried doing a factory reset on your phone to see if it is doing it still? Id not try and see.
mbazdell
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Can you manually install the apps again?

maxtoo
I'm Here A Lot

I've tried factory reset, still happens. What goes on is randomly an icon will get grey and semi transparent and non-responsive. Reinstalling the app works but there will be the two icons until a reboot is done then just the reinstalled icon keeping all prior user data. If one tries to remove the greyed out icon it uninstalls both versions and nukes any user data.

Quite annoying.
Chuckee
I Plan to Stick Around

I've seen this happen on the rare occassion. Not sure why.
What I do see more often is the homescreen icon disappearing for an installed app. The icon stays in the app drawer though. This usually happens after an app has been updated. It's infrequent but happens.
Ianski
I Plan to Stick Around

Chuckee -  I've had that same problem with the apps disappearing from the home screen. I thought I was somehow dragging them off without realizing it, but its always the same one - Scrabble - and I can always copy it back in again from the app drawer. Annoying as heck though.