cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why Bundle?

HarryK190
I've Been Around

Hello, 

As an existing customer who's contract has run out ( tv+phone+internet), how come there are fewer choices to bundle your products?

I was looking at the create your own bundle service and I came up with a combination of 100Unlimited+ Extra Plus( and 1 premium channel) + home phone.

I was informed that as an existing customer, if I signed up for a new contract, I would not be able to enjoy the additional savings over the first 3 months. I thought it was fair, albeit quite stupid in the sense that it goes against every notion of good salesmanship ( everybody knows it's much more expensive to try and acquire new customers rather than retain existing ones, even though you might have to cut your profits over a small period of time). But again, it wasn't that big of a deal.

Here's where it got weird. The build-a-bundle system indicated that the fee after the first 3 months would go up to 182 dollars, which meant 205 dollars with taxes. That bundle pretty much equated to this:

$205 = 100U internet+ Extra Plus(+1 premium channel)+ Home Phone + extras ( Shomi, NHL Gamecenter)+ nextbox 3.0 DVR discounted rental included+ discounted new modem rental included.

I thought that was decent.

But then, I placed the order and all the quotes were different. First I heard 219 over the phone then 216 over the chat service, where I was actually dropped by a rep who made me wait 7 mins before logging off into the ether. The kicker was that those prices did not include the 3.0 Nextbox. I was told I was to keep my 7 year old set top box which I had purchased. I didn't mind the upgrade, I was actually hoping for it.

What explains this discrepancy? Why do I feel like I'm facing a value proposition here and even better, what can I do to get the best deal out of this. I don't mind the commitment as long as its also beneficial on my end and that I'm not being taken for a ride over false promises.

***Edited Labels***

1 REPLY 1

Re: Why Bundle?

RogersMoin

Hello, @HarryK190

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

We can definitely explore different bundle options for you.

I’m going to send you a private message from CommunityHelps. Please check our message via the envelope icon that appears on the top right-hand side of your screen when you are logged in to the forums.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

We Want Your Opinion
Would you be interested in becoming a Community Testing Lab member?
Topic Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 in conversation