Why Bundle?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Why Bundle?

Hello, 

As an existing customer who's contract has run out ( tv+phone+internet), how come there are fewer choices to bundle your products?

I was looking at the create your own bundle service and I came up with a combination of 100Unlimited+ Extra Plus( and 1 premium channel) + home phone.

I was informed that as an existing customer, if I signed up for a new contract, I would not be able to enjoy the additional savings over the first 3 months. I thought it was fair, albeit quite stupid in the sense that it goes against every notion of good salesmanship ( everybody knows it's much more expensive to try and acquire new customers rather than retain existing ones, even though you might have to cut your profits over a small period of time). But again, it wasn't that big of a deal.

Here's where it got weird. The build-a-bundle system indicated that the fee after the first 3 months would go up to 182 dollars, which meant 205 dollars with taxes. That bundle pretty much equated to this:

$205 = 100U internet+ Extra Plus(+1 premium channel)+ Home Phone + extras ( Shomi, NHL Gamecenter)+ nextbox 3.0 DVR discounted rental included+ discounted new modem rental included.

I thought that was decent.

But then, I placed the order and all the quotes were different. First I heard 219 over the phone then 216 over the chat service, where I was actually dropped by a rep who made me wait 7 mins before logging off into the ether. The kicker was that those prices did not include the 3.0 Nextbox. I was told I was to keep my 7 year old set top box which I had purchased. I didn't mind the upgrade, I was actually hoping for it.

What explains this discrepancy? Why do I feel like I'm facing a value proposition here and even better, what can I do to get the best deal out of this. I don't mind the commitment as long as its also beneficial on my end and that I'm not being taken for a ride over false promises.

***Edited Labels***

Highlighted

Re: Why Bundle?

Hello, @HarryK190

Welcome to the Rogers Community Forums! Smiley Happy

We can definitely explore different bundle options for you.

I’m going to send you a private message from CommunityHelps. Please check our message via the envelope icon that appears on the top right-hand side of your screen when you are logged in to the forums.

Cheers,

RogersMoin