Whole Home PVR

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Around

Whole Home PVR

Does anyone know if Rogers is planning on rolling out a "Whole Home PVR" solution similar to the Fibe TV that Bell offers? This is where you have one PVR that can be accessed by other TV's in the home.

***Edited labels***

I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: Whole Home PVR

That is in their plans, but I haven't heard any announcements as to when.. Also haven't head of any beta testing of such service. Really all I can confirm is that the new cisco boxes can do it once it's enabled..
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

i think i heard somwhere newfound land and new brundswick have this available, but they do not use cisco/scientific atlantic gear

I'm a Senior Advisor

Yeah thats true, I didn't mention it because of the different hardware.. But I've hears the same, I think it's motorola stuff..
I've Been Around

Is Whole Home PVR - MOCA available in Ontario yet? Specifically Ottawa?

I Plan to Stick Around

Nope

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Yah they are testing it out on the east coast, change your location on the Rogers website to Newfound Land and you can see what they offer.  Not available here in Ontario.

Seriously though, I hope Rogers reads these forums.  They are falling so far behind in-terms of set top box technology.  Whole Home PVR isn't even new tech, it's been out for a few years at least.  Not to mention the guide currently is abismal.  All one needs to do is look at the offering down in the US and see how limited the technology is that Rogers offers us.  I wouldn't mind so much if the stuff was cheap, but $25/mnth for a 160GB PVR or $500 do buy it out right is outragous.

Please Rogers, please oh please I'm begging you to update your tech.

I Plan to Stick Around

"Word on the street" is that the Whole home PVR is coming to Ontario in Feburary with an enhanced GUI.  Apprently Rogers will have to come into your home and you'll have to pay for some type of installation . . . we'll see.

I Plan to Stick Around

That's ridiculous - to have to pay extra for an overdue improvement to an existing installation. If we refuse the installation of the whole home PVR functions, will we still get the new GUI through firmware?

I Plan to Stick Around

Who knows!  I'd like to find out more about this "installation" and what exactly it entails.  I cannot imagine what is required.