cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whole Home PVR with 2 Nextbox 2.0 PVRs

jm38712
I Plan to Stick Around

I have 2 Nextbox 2.0 PVR's and recently had whole home PVR installed at the house while they were putting in a new Internet service.  Works great but I have a simple question.

If the hard drive on one of the PVR's fills up, does it start recording on the other PVR?  I suspect not but haven't tried it as yet.

***Edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Whole Home PVR with 2 Nextbox 2.0 PVRs

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

The PVRs are discreet entities.  They do not 'load balance'.

Shows are recorded on the PVR on which they're set.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

The PVRs are discreet entities.  They do not 'load balance'.

Shows are recorded on the PVR on which they're set.

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

When you want to play stuff back, you choose the box you want to play back from, etc.. so if you didnt record it on that box, you select the other box to playback from.

But as Lurker said.. i think if you set a program.. it will always do that box itself.

(vs on a 4642, it will record on whichever box you have last selected for playback from, since it cant record itself.)

jm38712
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks.  I guess I'm asking for too much! Smiley Sad

Wouldn't be hard to do though.  If the boxes can talk, they can easily send a few commands to each other.

GRtechJason
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee
No it is that complicated, what if the pvr filled up halfway through a recorded hockey game, half the game is stored on or device and half on another? It can't happen. I've seen it though with external hard drives to the pvr itself when disconnected it won't play some of the shows or stops halfway. The external hard drives actually mold themselves to the existing, ie a .5g pvr +2TB hdd = a single 2.5g hard drive.
Community Testing Lab

We’ve got an amazing opportunity to test our upcoming Gateway!

Click here to find out more!

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 4 in conversation