Whole Home PVR - Not enough resources / Please wait, playback starting

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Whole Home PVR - Not enough resources / Please wait, playback starting

They have.. but its not exactly 'new' anymore..

May not be worth the advertising on it anymore... any OLD people who would have wanted it would have likely got it by now.. new people, all the hardware defaultly supports it... they just need to enable it.. that they can sell it while setting up the services.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I have had the ongoing audio issues and over past 2 weeks I now have this whole home issue. 

I just spoke to Rogers and they said there will be a software fix for the whole home "not enough resources..." issue on May 30.

JIm

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I had new hardware installed a couple weeks ago and I have to say that so far it sucks. They have been here twice since to diagnose a signal issue, and I am unable to play back anything on my Netbox terminal.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Reading some posts on some other sites.. some people have heard that there is a bug right now with some recordings.. which is causing the not enough resources issue.

Apparently working on a software update to fix.. not sure when/how long.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Has anyone found a ressolution to this issue? I have tried swapping boxes and rebooting boxes and still get the error on some of my recordings.
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

For me it appears to have been fixed with the new 5.0 firmware on my nextbox 3. You still can't play the old recordings, but new ones play without a hiccup.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

At this point we can getthis box to work if we reboot the box 2 or 3 times a day. Sometimes it takes 2reboots before it will work. Then we can watch 1 or 2 programs before the process has to be repeated. Rogers only solution is try another box and they act like we are the only ones having an issue. VERY frustrating.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

have you had a tech out yet?

Communication/signal between the boxes.. is really critical.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

No. I wasn't asked if I wanted that. Sounded like replacing the box was the only option. I kept hoping that there would be a  bug fix that would correct the problem. Box is alreadyat bios level 5.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

There are SOME people who still have problems like that ocassionaly.. but not all the time.

I havent seen them, but only use it 1-2 times a week.. could be the programs i click, are running fine but others could have had an issue.

I would call back, and press for a tech out.