Whole Home HD PVR New Brunswick DCX3400

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nbguy66
I'm Here A Lot

Whole Home HD PVR New Brunswick DCX3400

I am interested in the Whole Home HDPVR and HD box package in New Brunswick. The PVR is a Motorola DCX-3400. I'm wondering about the following:

1) Can I use an external drive with this PVR for extra storage? Ifo so, will any external drive work?

2) Will this PVR be compatible with the upcoming Rogers iPhone app that can program the PVR, and the online site that can program the PVR for recordings?

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
micheljleger
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Whole Home HD PVR New Brunswick DCX3400

Hello,

I got the whole home PVR solution, i.e. the Motorola DCX-3400M and the DCX-700m set top boxes,

I like the boxes so far, I replaced a couple Standard definition Motorola boxes and these new boxes run cooler and the many is way faster it also fixed a problem I was having with the colors in the menu getting all messed up.

I did a bit of research about hooking up an external HD on the ESATA port.  I bought a Shaw PVR expander, (it is just an Iomega 1TB eSATA drive)  I assume that any ESATA drive should work, but I got this one because the Shaw site specified that it works with the Motorola DCX-3400M.  From some of the research I did on the internet I think the maximum amount of external storage the firmware on the PVR will support is 1TB.

Everything works good so far, I have about 120 hours of Standard definition recording and my PVR is at 25% full.

Motorola has instructions on connecting an external drive, follow the link below:

http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Video-Solutions/_Documents/User_guides/Static_files/Motorola%20D...

I think Rogers Atlantic should start selling external storage for these boxes, it could be a good revenue stream for them, they do offer a PVR expander in Ontario.

As far as the iphone app, I dont know if they will roll this out to NB custommers, we'll see, they might do it since Bell offers it with their FiberOp TV solution.

View solution in original post

All Replies
micheljleger
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Whole Home HD PVR New Brunswick DCX3400

Hello,

I got the whole home PVR solution, i.e. the Motorola DCX-3400M and the DCX-700m set top boxes,

I like the boxes so far, I replaced a couple Standard definition Motorola boxes and these new boxes run cooler and the many is way faster it also fixed a problem I was having with the colors in the menu getting all messed up.

I did a bit of research about hooking up an external HD on the ESATA port.  I bought a Shaw PVR expander, (it is just an Iomega 1TB eSATA drive)  I assume that any ESATA drive should work, but I got this one because the Shaw site specified that it works with the Motorola DCX-3400M.  From some of the research I did on the internet I think the maximum amount of external storage the firmware on the PVR will support is 1TB.

Everything works good so far, I have about 120 hours of Standard definition recording and my PVR is at 25% full.

Motorola has instructions on connecting an external drive, follow the link below:

http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Video-Solutions/_Documents/User_guides/Static_files/Motorola%20D...

I think Rogers Atlantic should start selling external storage for these boxes, it could be a good revenue stream for them, they do offer a PVR expander in Ontario.

As far as the iphone app, I dont know if they will roll this out to NB custommers, we'll see, they might do it since Bell offers it with their FiberOp TV solution.

View solution in original post