Which modem to get as replacement Extreme package

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Which modem to get as replacement Extreme package

I'm currently having issues where my net randomly drops for about 10-20seconds. I own the cisco docsis 3 modem. I changed it to bridge mode it didn't really solve anything before I had changed it to bridged mode when the disconnects occured I kept getting a dns error through the troubleshooter. I tried using Googles public DNS, but I still randomly lag out then disconnect. Now that I changed it to bridged mode the trouble shooter doesn't give any errors but suggests to reboot my modem. I just wait because it reconnects after 10seconds or so, but it's very annoying as I game and the net will drop randomly disrupting my gaming session.

I called rogers about this they said everything is fine on their end and told me to call back when i'm having the issue. This makes no sense how exactly am I supposed to call back when the issue lasts around 10seconds by the time I get through it will have fixed itself. Also I haven't had this issue for months it started around 1 week ago. Now they offered me a choice to replace my modem. I can either get the same 1 or a different i'm not sure which to go for though.

***edited labels***

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Which modem to get as replacement Extreme package

They are all pretty crappy in terms of built in stuff, you would be recommended to still keep it in bridged.

I am running the smc one ok. Hitron is the newest, not necessarily the best.

I Plan to Stick Around

I went and exchanged the modem. It is working better than before. I am still getting 1 or 2 random disconnects that last a couple seconds a day. I didn't configure the modem at all if it matters. the only thing I did was put it into bridged mode. Any recommendations?

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

If you are still having the dropouts.. it could be something else.

Are you seeing anything in the routers logs (you may have to enable them), that say what is happeneing?

I Plan to Stick Around

I went into ipconfig with bridged mode enabled and noticed that the lease time was set to expire around every 2 hrs

This was in the routers log

http://i.imgur.com/4LecTCQ.png

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I beleive that is the same issue, that many of the people who were getting the dropouts USING the gateway were having.. but seemed to clear up when in bridged mode.

Only thing i can think.. try changing the timeing on the lease if you are able to?