Which Sim Card should I buy for my Samsung Galaxy SIII i9300 unlocked 3G phone?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jingwenw
I've Been Here Awhile

Which Sim Card should I buy for my Samsung Galaxy SIII i9300 unlocked 3G phone?

Got this phone from Direct Canada online. It is a 3G phone not a LTE. My iphone 5 was dead with salt water so I decided to switch to S3.

Need to buy a new SIM card but was confused at Rogers website. They have:

1. iPhone 4 Sim Card (which I beleive is microSim card for 3G) -- should I buy this? Why is this called iPhone 4 Sim Card?

2. LTE Microsim Card. It is a Microsim Card in size, but would it work for my unlocked Samsung 3S? This is different from the S3 Rogers is carriying which is North American version that supports LET. My S3 only supports 3G.

Rogers website is very confusing and there is no information to help you choose what SimCard to buy.

Anyone? Thanks

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Which Sim Card should I buy for my Samsung Galaxy SIII i9300 unlocked 3G phone?

Hello jingwenw

Any of those sim cards will work as long as its a Micro Sim card. It does not matter if its called a LTE Micro Sim or a Regular micro sim or even a iPhone Micro sim.

They all work the same. The LTE Micro sim just gives you access to LTE. The iPhone Micro sim is a regular Micro sim card Which works just fine.

All those sim cards will work on any phone which takes Micro sim. The iPhone Micro sim is called like that as Apple first released a phone with the Micro sim & which carriers starts calling it " iPhone Micro Sim". As explained, any of those sim cards will work. You will just need to activate it & you are done.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Which Sim Card should I buy for my Samsung Galaxy SIII i9300 unlocked 3G phone?

Hello jingwenw

Any of those sim cards will work as long as its a Micro Sim card. It does not matter if its called a LTE Micro Sim or a Regular micro sim or even a iPhone Micro sim.

They all work the same. The LTE Micro sim just gives you access to LTE. The iPhone Micro sim is a regular Micro sim card Which works just fine.

All those sim cards will work on any phone which takes Micro sim. The iPhone Micro sim is called like that as Apple first released a phone with the Micro sim & which carriers starts calling it " iPhone Micro Sim". As explained, any of those sim cards will work. You will just need to activate it & you are done.

View solution in original post

zitadedominicis
I've Been Here Awhile

You can get those microsim cards from Rogers.  But how did you get an i9300? Rogers only sells the i747m model?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello zitadedominicis

You can buy it online or go to a cellphone shop that sells that model. Its not that hard to find now anyways. That is correct, Rogers ONLY sells the i747M model.