Where to watch Moto GP?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Where to watch Moto GP?

Now that Speed is out I need to find out if any other station that Rogers carries is broadcasting the Moto GP series. Anybody familiar with sports stations that usually carry the series.

***Edited labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Where to watch Moto GP?

Best to ask in the speed thread, people watching motorsports tend to gravitate to there.

I think part of the problem is that just about all Canadian carriers are dropping speed, and there really isn't another channel that is available to get (crtc allowed).

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

I've given up on seeing the Moto GP races via Rogers so I'm hoping that somebody has an internet way of seeing the races.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Rogers is complete garbage!!!!! Now they have decided to drop Speed, there are no places to watch Supercross, AMA Superbike and/or MotoGP!!!! For the price we pay, you would think that we would get Fox Sports 1 or something....no, instead Rogers rather have crap channels. That's what happens when a company gets monopoly... WAY too expensive for the junk the provide...pay for this channel, pay for that channel...and in some cases, they don't even give the option. I have everything (cable, internet and phone) with them right now...but its about to change!!

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

The problem is what to change to now that we have everything with Rogers. I guess you can switch all to Bell but are you gaining. If I was shown great savings in switching I'll consider.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Do you know the process to request Rogers to petition the CRTC for Fox Sports 1?

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Believe me, Rogers would love to carry all networks and channels their customers demand and I expect they've petitioned CRTC before on the subject. The villain as far as the customer is concerned is Nanny CRTC, who has decreed we must not be corrupted by U.S. programming. If we could get all the U.S. channels we wanted, the CBC would lose a lot of viewers and maybe their $1.1 billion subsidy.  Smiley Surprised

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

you can also ask an existing network (TSN - The Sports Network, or SportsNet or The Score, etc) to see if they have any plans on aquiring the rights to Motor GP?

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Lobby all you want, but Fox Sports 1 will never come to Canada.

Quite frankly, FS1 wants to be the new ESPN....and as soon as they get some more "big name"sports under contract, I'd venture that FS1 drops a lot of their motorsports programming.

Kinda like TSN in their early days which ran 6 hrs a day of Aussie Rules football and 5 pin bowling.  Come to think of it, with the loss of the national NHL rights, they may have to go back to that 😊

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Its all good. I've found two sites that stream the race and another site that a few day's later has the whole race in HD available for download. I need my fix and I've found my suppliers. I know Moto GP is not a mainstream sport so I can understand if TSN or others will not televise.