cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to watch Moto GP?

busalad
I'm Here A Lot

Now that Speed is out I need to find out if any other station that Rogers carries is broadcasting the Moto GP series. Anybody familiar with sports stations that usually carry the series.

***Edited labels***

18 REPLIES 18

Re: Where to watch Moto GP?

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
Best to ask in the speed thread, people watching motorsports tend to gravitate to there.

I think part of the problem is that just about all Canadian carriers are dropping speed, and there really isn't another channel that is available to get (crtc allowed).

busalad
I'm Here A Lot

I've given up on seeing the Moto GP races via Rogers so I'm hoping that somebody has an internet way of seeing the races.

Canuck_636
I've Been Around

Rogers is complete garbage!!!!! Now they have decided to drop Speed, there are no places to watch Supercross, AMA Superbike and/or MotoGP!!!! For the price we pay, you would think that we would get Fox Sports 1 or something....no, instead Rogers rather have crap channels. That's what happens when a company gets monopoly... WAY too expensive for the junk the provide...pay for this channel, pay for that channel...and in some cases, they don't even give the option. I have everything (cable, internet and phone) with them right now...but its about to change!!

The problem is what to change to now that we have everything with Rogers. I guess you can switch all to Bell but are you gaining. If I was shown great savings in switching I'll consider.

DaveIronside
I've Been Here Awhile

Do you know the process to request Rogers to petition the CRTC for Fox Sports 1?

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Believe me, Rogers would love to carry all networks and channels their customers demand and I expect they've petitioned CRTC before on the subject. The villain as far as the customer is concerned is Nanny CRTC, who has decreed we must not be corrupted by U.S. programming. If we could get all the U.S. channels we wanted, the CBC would lose a lot of viewers and maybe their $1.1 billion subsidy.  Smiley Surprised

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

you can also ask an existing network (TSN - The Sports Network, or SportsNet or The Score, etc) to see if they have any plans on aquiring the rights to Motor GP?

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

Lobby all you want, but Fox Sports 1 will never come to Canada.

Quite frankly, FS1 wants to be the new ESPN....and as soon as they get some more "big name"sports under contract, I'd venture that FS1 drops a lot of their motorsports programming.

Kinda like TSN in their early days which ran 6 hrs a day of Aussie Rules football and 5 pin bowling.  Come to think of it, with the loss of the national NHL rights, they may have to go back to that 😊

Its all good. I've found two sites that stream the race and another site that a few day's later has the whole race in HD available for download. I need my fix and I've found my suppliers. I know Moto GP is not a mainstream sport so I can understand if TSN or others will not televise. 

Pauly
Resident Expert
Resident Expert
well since rogers media acquired the rites to the NHL for the next 12 years, perhaps other sports outlets such as The Sports Network may consider picking up additional programming such as motor gp.

busabim
I've Been Around

RDS2 seems to arry motogp. On sunday it looks like they show the Autin race which was weeks ago. So far I havent found out if they are current.

MB

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Is RDS2 available on Rogers Cable. If so, is is available free to customers who used to get Speed?

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

Its pretty useless to be continually flogging the dead SPEED horse here.  Its a user to user forum (which you know well as an RE, Yeller...).

Nothing we can do here to bring SPEED back, so can we stop clogging the board with it?

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Well, by not flogging the dead Speed horse, we are accepting what has been foisted upon us. We lost Speed but weren't compensated for the loss. That's hardly fair, but that's bussiness I guess.

Lurker
I'm a Senior Advisor

Channels were added into the tier Speed occupied - the 4 'HD Adventure' channels were moved there from their own add on tier so it could be considered 'compensation', but I suppose only a new moto channel will be a good enough compensation for you.

Either way, my point was, if you want rage against the machine, then rage on the corporate communication channels. 

OLDYELLR
I'm a Senior Advisor

Yes, raging here is preaching to the choir. Any Rogers people who lurk here just moderate the language and can't help.

There are only four official avenues available:

RogersHelps on Twitter

Rogers Telecommunications on FaceBook

Phoning Rogers and trying to reach someone in authority.

Live chat on the Rogers site.

trevtherev
I've Been Here Awhile

You can now see it on Rogers' free preview on FOXSR (the FOX speed channel) in Ottawa on Chanel 409.  Other than that I searched all over and can only find it on MTS (the Bell cable TV service in Winnipeg).  Or you can alway subscribe to MotoGP.com (90 Euros for a yearly access fee) which gives you tons of great MototGP stuff including the races live or you can watch them in their entirety after the race is done (they even have No Spoiler page so you can watch it after without seeing who won).   

busalad
I'm Here A Lot
Yep Fox 409 for this season. Hopefully for next year too. I also download the torrent for re - watching.