Where to find my contract expiry date

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Where to find my contract expiry date

There are probably a few stragglers like you, who were a late 2011 that fall under the 3 year PRE flex tab... which yes would fall under the old penalties.

Everyone after that, would be on a 3 year or 2 year flex tab.... which it wouldnt apply to.

So yes, there are a smaller amount likely left now, which it may apply to.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Well, considering that Rogers Wireless has close to 10 million subscribers, those "few stragglers" could actually be a significant number of people who signed 3-year deals back in the last quarter of 2011.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

True, it could be a significant # of people...

But its still only a % of that.. that actually would CANCEL early.

Really all in all... yes... no matter what..

The rules for canceling... VARRY, depending on WHEN your contract was signed.. and what the terms were for it.
Each contract has its own terms... 2 year vs 3 year... flex tab vs pre flex tab, etc.

There is no steadfast rule for every customer.

The BEST place to find this info?  Its in the contract when you sign up for the service.   It lays out what the payback/canceling fees are.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

All very well and good Mr. Kitty, but the only point I was really trying to make was that if you log into MyRogers and check out the balance owing on your device, but signed a contract before Jan. 1 2012, you could be in for a shock. If you call Rogers and try to cancel early, assuming that is all that you will owe, a significant number of people could be told that it will cost them $100 to cancel early. It is as simple as that! It is also not surprising that the CRTC put an end to these kind of practices.
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Go here: https://www.rogers.com/web/myrogers/CheckDeviceEligibility. Make sure you are logged into myrogers when you do.

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Nothing new here!

Yeah of course, why would they be upfront and honest about it? Hopefully in my life time, the cell phone service industry changes from an oligopoly to a competitive market in Canada....