Where did preview mode go in Yahoo mail client?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Where did preview mode go in Yahoo mail client?

Is it just me or has it disappeared in this "new" interface change. I also cannot seem to find any way to change the overall appearance - there is no themes menu any more.

Finally when I click on the link on the top right hand corner ("

Switch to the newest Rogers Yahoo Mail") the client refreshes but there is no actual change and the link stays there.

***edited labels***
Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Where did preview mode go in Yahoo mail client?

I think the themes, and the preview thing, might be tied to the 'new' mail interface.. the one you cant seem to be able to get into.

I can switch back and forth ok on mine from basic and back.. seems like your browser might be cought on something.. 😞  Tried deleting temp internet files, etc?

The preview pane togle..  there is a view button/dropdown near the top right of the email listing window.. its in there.

Themes (assuming you mean what i think.. change the backgorund color, etc?) in the advanced menu, there is a little image in the BOTTOM BOTTOM left that looks like a little mountian picture.. click on that leads to the theme changes.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I believe you are relating what you see - as discussed in the other article you obviously aren't getting the same issue that others are. None of the artifacts you mention are on the the interface I'm presented with. There is no "advanced" option any more. There is no "little mountain picture" in the bottom left.

As far as deleting temp files, etc. this happend between 2 consecutive signons so I'm assuming this is a result of something from Rogers Yahoo.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Thats why, i said.. the features you are looking for... are part of the 'new' design.. which you seem to be not able to change back to... that you are stuck on the BASIC layout.

Those features, may not be available, as part of the BASIC layout.

2 consecutive signons mean nothing.  with any cache'd potential pages stored localy on the machine.. even on a new login, if there is that cached version in the temp files, it will try to load it from there first, to save on loading times, etc.
Delting temp internet files, will remove all these chached files... and FORCE the browser to re-download them again.

Not to say this will fix the problem.. it could be something else with yours and other accounts specifically.

I was just explaining that those features.. ARE there.  They do exist, they do work.  You just cant get to them right now, they are only part of the new layout.