Where did SpamGuard go?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Where did SpamGuard go?

I've been getting way too much spam lately on Rogers Yahoo Mail, so I went to see if I could fine tune the spam settings only to find that they are nowhere to be found. I read the help about SpamGuard and it simply is not where it is supposed to be. I clicked on the help link and then on the technical support link to see if I could get this resolved and got a message saying link not authorized by Yahoo. It was within the Yahoo page. I logged out and typed in the yahoo mail address to ensure that I had not been maliciously redirected and confirmed that was not the case. Does anybody know something I don't? Is SpamGuard still alive and if so why has it been removed from my account?

***edited labels***

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Where did SpamGuard go?

I am assuming through the web mail?

I am still seeing my spam folder, and still able to mark mail as spam or not. This SHOULD help it learn more patterns/emails. No seeing any more settings other than tha though

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Yes web mail. I do have the spam folder and I can still mark messages as spam but it is learning absolutely nothing by what I've marked as spam. In the instructions it refers to where to find your spam settings etc and they do not exist for me.

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Not necessarily. While I don't know 100% on the spam guard, I do know other spam type filters are 'smart' in that way. Initial marking as spam may not blacklist an address immediately, but will after repeated. Same with content, they will often look a lot at the body, the more you mark one with certain content, it will pick up on those keywords as bad and start blocking them.
Spam guard might not work this way, but I know many do/can (ie the enterprise one we use at work).
I am on mobile now, next chance I can get on my pc, I will try to look in a little more detail to see if i can find anything. I will also compare my wife's straight yahoo email, to see, if its just Rogers removing it or yahoo

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

According to what it says on the rogers site regarding SpamGuard it is supposed to learn as you mark messages as spam. What gets me is that the instructions on where to find your spam settings apparently do not apply to me anymore.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Are you able to post the link for the instructions so I can check mine?

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

One thing you might check is your contact list. Some people have their e mail set up to automatically add the address of any e mails you receive. If the offending address is there remove it. That might help.

I have no problem with spam, but I have my email set so that I have to choose to add an address to my contact list.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

No I would never add a setting to automatically add anything. I control everything.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

OK.. i checked mine and there is no settings, etc.

Only thing i could really find, is this page here.. but MAY have the answer.

http://ca.antispam.yahoo.com/spamguard

This says, spamguard, allows you to customize it, etc.. but spamguard PLUS is the smart one, where it learns just from marking.

http://ca.antispam.yahoo.com/spamguardplus

Says that all rogers emails are automaticaly upgraded to plus. 

So.. its possible, the 'settings' are not available on PLUS, as its the smarter of the spam filters.  That you have the spam folder and the mark as spam, means you should have the spam guard plus.