Where can I get an unlocked iPhone?

***Edited Labels.***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Where can I get an Unlocked iPhone?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Tmothy12

You can purchase a unlocked brand new iPhone from any Apple store. If you are looking online like Kijiji, Craigslist or Ebay, make sure the seller gives u the IMEI and S/N. Call Apple and see if its a unlocked iPhone. They will tell u over the phone. Once that is done. Bring a sim card from the carrier you are with and see if its unlocked if the device is a full unlocked model or unlocked via carrier.

Rogers nor any carrier doesn't sell a iPhone which is already unlocked. You will need to buy it locked and pay a extra $50 to unlock it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Tmothy12

You can purchase a unlocked brand new iPhone from any Apple store. If you are looking online like Kijiji, Craigslist or Ebay, make sure the seller gives u the IMEI and S/N. Call Apple and see if its a unlocked iPhone. They will tell u over the phone. Once that is done. Bring a sim card from the carrier you are with and see if its unlocked if the device is a full unlocked model or unlocked via carrier.

Rogers nor any carrier doesn't sell a iPhone which is already unlocked. You will need to buy it locked and pay a extra $50 to unlock it.

drusor
I Plan to Stick Around

you can get the unlock iPone from Apple stores,Online purchase and so on..But in case your iPone is unfortunatly locked from any GSM network carrier, you need unlock code.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor
Hello drusor

The only way it will lock back to the carrier is if the unlocking is done via Jail breaking. If you use a trusted site / unlocking method it should not lock the device back to the carrier it was originally with.

If you want to unlock your device, i highly suggest unlocking it via your carrier or a trusted unlocking website.
Topic Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation