When will you offer Unlimited Internet For 60/10, 30/5 and 5/1?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

When will you offer Unlimited Internet For 60/10, 30/5 and 5/1?

Long story. Rogers offers unlimited internet for their higher tiers - 250u and 100u. I was wondering when rogers will have the option to add unlimited internet to 60/10, 30/5 and 5/1. Since the prices are to high for 250u and 100u. I currently don't pay for the internet access at the place where I live. It would be nice that they offer the option as a addon for the lower tiers of service.

***Edited Labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Re: When will you offer Unlimited Internet For 60/10, 30/5 and 5/1?

Adding to @VivienM
If you have Ignite 60 and wanted unlimited. Like the old plans, (Hybrid Fibre) wouldn't you add $10 to make it unlimited?
If that logic make sense, doesn't it make better sense to get 100mbps while your at it?
Different between the Ignite Packages are $10
So from Ignite 60 to Ignite 100u its $10...
So that is fair and works on the same price system as before...(but cheaper, actually)

Or do you mean provide 60 as unlimited? instead of the 200 bandwidth?
I don't think that works with how the market is.
The speed have dropped down in pricing by at least $30. (250 dropped by $50)
And that is not counting the modem rentals from previous packages.

So actually. What you have now, is cheaper and more speed.

And yes Vivien
Express and Extreme Packages were $10 in 3-product bundle and $30 for unlimited as an add-on.
Hybrids were 200GB Free with 3-product bundle (homephone / wireless could be the 3rd product) or standalone 200GB was $10 or $15 (i forget). and $25 for unlimited, regardless if you had other products.
Ignite doesn't bother with the shenanigans, and gives you a lower price for Ignite 60 (instead of 120 it gives you 200GB) and brings back the $10 unlimited.
But instead of giving you JUST unlimited, it increases your speed to 100 as well. Hence the package.
Take away the middle redundant package of adding unlimited for $10 while you can just go to Ignite 100 with unlimited for same price.

so it would be nice to offer the add-on for lower tier. but you'd pay more?
30mbps users commonly aren't streamers as much and if ever need an upgrade for $10 they get 200gb and still don't care about the 60mbps.

The current package in my opinion is designed beautifully to look at the usage of users.
With personal experience - I gotta say, the current package makes more sense.
A lot of things seemed to be taken into consideration (market value as well), when this was launched.

You have a good point for 30mbps user wanting unlimited for $10, perhaps - But I assume the guys (whoever they are lol) that make the plan looked at the data from previous years to see what users with that speed do and their average usage per month?

*shrug*

Just my 5 cents. but I threw some more clarification... or at least helped in some way fufill that dark void that seeked info... err.. yea! 🙂

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

They used to, but... that ended when they launched the Ignite plans.

Basically, with the previous Hybrid Fibre plans, you could get unlimited for $25/month more, on any of the plans. (Before, with the previous plans, you could get unlimited for... $10, I think, if you were a 3-product subscriber) I think it was $25/month, maybe it was $30; there was also a +200GB + TechXpert option for $...15 (or free if you were a 3-product customer)? 

The Ignite plans are designed around the idea that the higher-speed tiers come with unlimited bandwidth bundled (for much cheaper than before), while the lower-speed tiers have bandwidth limits. I don't see Rogers changing that: the reality is, a 60/unlimited plan is enough for essentially everyone... but Rogers can make a few more dollars (at very little extra cost) if they nudge those customers towards a 100/unlimited plan instead. 

Highlighted
Rogers Employee
Rogers Employee

Adding to @VivienM
If you have Ignite 60 and wanted unlimited. Like the old plans, (Hybrid Fibre) wouldn't you add $10 to make it unlimited?
If that logic make sense, doesn't it make better sense to get 100mbps while your at it?
Different between the Ignite Packages are $10
So from Ignite 60 to Ignite 100u its $10...
So that is fair and works on the same price system as before...(but cheaper, actually)

Or do you mean provide 60 as unlimited? instead of the 200 bandwidth?
I don't think that works with how the market is.
The speed have dropped down in pricing by at least $30. (250 dropped by $50)
And that is not counting the modem rentals from previous packages.

So actually. What you have now, is cheaper and more speed.

And yes Vivien
Express and Extreme Packages were $10 in 3-product bundle and $30 for unlimited as an add-on.
Hybrids were 200GB Free with 3-product bundle (homephone / wireless could be the 3rd product) or standalone 200GB was $10 or $15 (i forget). and $25 for unlimited, regardless if you had other products.
Ignite doesn't bother with the shenanigans, and gives you a lower price for Ignite 60 (instead of 120 it gives you 200GB) and brings back the $10 unlimited.
But instead of giving you JUST unlimited, it increases your speed to 100 as well. Hence the package.
Take away the middle redundant package of adding unlimited for $10 while you can just go to Ignite 100 with unlimited for same price.

so it would be nice to offer the add-on for lower tier. but you'd pay more?
30mbps users commonly aren't streamers as much and if ever need an upgrade for $10 they get 200gb and still don't care about the 60mbps.

The current package in my opinion is designed beautifully to look at the usage of users.
With personal experience - I gotta say, the current package makes more sense.
A lot of things seemed to be taken into consideration (market value as well), when this was launched.

You have a good point for 30mbps user wanting unlimited for $10, perhaps - But I assume the guys (whoever they are lol) that make the plan looked at the data from previous years to see what users with that speed do and their average usage per month?

*shrug*

Just my 5 cents. but I threw some more clarification... or at least helped in some way fufill that dark void that seeked info... err.. yea! 🙂

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I have to agree with above.

MOST places that DO or DID provide an unlimited addon for packages, is usually $10 upgade.

Its $10 difference between the ignite 60 and 100 plans..

So may as well update to the higher plan, and gain the extra speed.

IF its th case like yours, where its provided where you are (assuming you are renting somewhere?).. and they are on the 60 plan.. you could offer to pay them $10 extra a month, and they upgrade to the 100u pacage?

(though i do agree, that the 60 pacakage, should be a LITTLE more usage at least.  300-400gb, would then be more comparable to some TPIA providers)