When will they...

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DiscoGranny
I'm a Regular

When will they...

WHEN will they release a box that can run the Nextbox guide with less issues and faster, do they make a new box every year?

WHY when I stop pressing the arrow buttons does it act like I am still pressing it?

HOW do you watch TV in 3D? 

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: When will they...

Hello DiscoGranny

You are correct. My mistake. Its only for the Rogers Home Phone. They may give us the option for Rogers Wireless but no one knows when & i have not seen this either.

Also to answer you Bell question, if you want this with Bell, you will most likely need to have Bell CAble Services in order to have it.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello DiscoGranny

The boxes Rogers has now will be the boxes for a year or so. They do not release new boxes every year unless its a big thing. You will get a upgrade of some sort or a fix for all the problems. Rogers tends to take their time tho. The boxes are fine as is for now BUT its the software / firmware that needs to be changed. This is something the developers need to see & fix.

As for the 3D? They only have 1 channel which is a 3D preview channel. They will release more later on in the year or so but will not say when. You just have to wait for it. Its also on Channel 900. It just shows some few things on 3D but you need a 3D TV to see this. If you do NOT have a 3D compatible TV, then you can not view 3D content.

This happens to me a couple of times. When you press the arrow buttons, do you keep pressing it or just press it once? Sometimes it will lag & keep going until it stops.

DiscoGranny
I'm a Regular

How do you see 3D with your glasses. And there will be a new box next year? When did these newest boxes release.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello DiscoGranny

The NextBox HDPVR 8642 was the regular HD PVR 8642 box from before. All they did was rename it & added a bigger Hard-drive. That question would be best to call Rogers & ask them.

I really doubt they will release anything new this year. Next year? Maybe but no one knows until next year.
As for the 3D, You first need a 3D compatible TV. Then you need the 3D glasses you either get with the TV or go get them at a local Best Buy, Future Shop or any place that sells 3D TV's.
DiscoGranny
I'm a Regular

You need special glasses? I thought TV's were glasses free 3D now and I could use my reading glasses. Please do not trick me. It looks like the box was released early 2010. Can you watch sports in 3D? How do you use slow motion playback for sports.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello DiscoGranny

Stop with the " Please dont trick me" Its getting old & i will not respond to posts like this.

Yes you need special glasses to watch 3D on a Television just like you do in a movie theater. The glasses price can very depending what TV you have & which glasses you go for. Name wise & such. You can NOT use your reading glasses as they are NOT made for 3D & can cause major headache & migraines. I would NOT suggest this. Please use the proper glasses for 3D viewing.

You can watch sports in 3D but not on Rogers cable at the moment. Other providers ( namely only one) but even they offer limited 3D viewing.

DiscoGranny
I'm a Regular

Oh my, you seem to get upset easily...

Is there anyway to use the lobby channel on Nextbox?

How do you use the call display?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello DiscoGranny

Not getting upset but we try to help you & you make comments like that. Its not needed.

Yes lobby channel is 998 or ( 58). This can ONLY be viewed if you live in a Condo or Apartment.

All the questions about  Call display can be found here
http://www.rogers.com/web/content/tv-call-display

DiscoGranny
I'm a Regular

Unlike usually, I wasn't saying that you did trick me, I was just asking you not to just in case.

I have a Rogers cell phone and Bell home phone, will call display work with these?

Also, I though I read GDkitty say that the lobby channel doesn't work.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello DiscoGranny

It does work. My buddy has it working & if you use the search bar on the top right & search things, you will see other threads about this.

For Bell, you can not use it as that is another provider & you need to contact them about that. For the Rogers wireless you can not. It is only for Rogers Home Phone.

I would suggest asking all this when calling Rogers. The reps can help you & help you set things up.