When will the Galaxy Note 4 receive OTA Lollipop update?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: When will the Galaxy Note 4 receive OTA Lollipop update?

Don't bother listening to anyone parroting the advice to look at the Rogers upgrade page. Rogers barely even updates it.

My Rogers S5 is running on 5.1.1 from Rogers right now, and at the time of this post the Rogers upgrade page doesn't even list it as upcoming.

You'll get it on your phones long before anyone at Rogers will admit it's coming.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @BGrant

That's due to the mods not updating the site. It seems either they forgotten to update it or something.

Again this is very helpful comment I made but then again it's not for everyone's liking.
Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @BGrant

The OS Upgrades Schedule was updated last week. If you're seeing an older version, try clearing your cookies and cache on your browser and you should then see the updated schedule.

Sometimes older versions of the schedule become cached on some browsers.

Thanks!

RogersDarrell

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Hi RogersDarrell,

Might I suggest updating the "Upcoming Rogers OS" column for the Galaxy Note 4 to read: "5.1.1" then?

There are a number of obvious updates that could be present in that list that could be entered without committing to dates.

Thanks,

Edit: Part of the reason Rogers takes so much flack in your community section over software upgrades is the absolute snails pace you release our updates.  I would be shocked to find you ahead of any major carrier for rolling things like this out.

In fact, both Bell and Telus users both had this update running on the Note 4 as early as October 2nd!  Here we are on October 14th and we don't even have 5.1.1 listed in the "Upcoming" field on your updates page. 

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

@BGrant

No confirmed date at this time for the Galaxy Note 4 5.1.1 update.

Once I have it, the Community will be the first to know I promise you. Smiley Happy

RogersDarrell

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

You don't need to enter the date when you enter "5.1.1" as the next upcoming OS release for the device. 

Edit: For people reading this, don't bother reading the Rogers page.  Connect to Wifi on your phone.  Go to settings -> About Device -> Software Updates.

Run that.  If your upgrade is ready it'll show up.  Beyond that, don't expect to get advanced notification here.

I Plan to Stick Around

Bell and Telus both released 5.1.1 for the Note 4. Since all Canadian carrieres use the same phone(same model N910W8, hardware etc) you can flash theirs instead of Rogers. At this rate and with all the issues they had with the S6 5.1.1 Update, don't expect the Note to be updated before 2016. Even then i would be very suprised if they did at all, they will probably skip it and go straight to 6.0.

I flashed Bell's firmware on top of my Rogers Note 4 and it upgraded succesfully. Didn't lose anything, data or settings.

The software is all the same, the only difference between the carriers is the bloatware they include(rogers app etc)

you can download the 5.1.1 firmware from sammobile

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Yup. All the major carriers except for Rogers it seems had the update ready by Oct. 1. What's the hold-up?

Yes, I know... "there's no news" but come on, Rogers!

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Very disappointing... I dont mind having or not having 5.1.1 on my phone, but at least let the customers know what is going on, why the hold up, and knowing an estimated time of push would be greatly appreciated by everyone...
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

So that makes it 16 days late... So far