When will Rogers push Samsung Gear VR support?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VR_Guy
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: When will Rogers push Samsung Gear VR support?

Have you made any attempt to communicate to Best Buy that the Samsung Gear VR will NOT work for any Rogers customer with a Note 5 on Dec 11th?   It seems like this could create a lot of headaches for both customer service teams since expectations are definately being set.

FWIW, I'm just a little annoyed because I bought the 16GB Note 5 from Rogers and a Samsung Gear VR from the US and expected it to work.  Now I am twiddling my thumbs waiting for a software update and the 64GB Note 5 is now the same price as what I paid for the 16GB one!  At the very least, I expected that the Note 5 would work on the day that the Gear VR is released in Canada (most US carriers pushed the update well in advance of the launch there.)  Instead, I will have to wait for the update until a while later.

Dx9
I'm a Reliable Contributor

The update shouldn't happen after the launch of the VR. Only makes sense to push the update in advance like the US. Rogers has had access to the compatible sw for some time now directly from Samsung. It's just the way it is with CDN Carriers. They are always behind
Lando
I've Been Here Awhile

Every major provider in the States was able to release the update before the gear VR released, makes no sense why Rogers can't do the same. Now due to Rogers incompetence all Note 5 users are going to be stuck with a $140 paper weight for a few days. 

Dx9
I'm a Reliable Contributor

We will be lucky if it's a few days. Short while could be weeks. As already mentioned the update showed have already been released by now. Very disappointing from Rogers.
rawr4444
I Plan to Stick Around

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello @VR_Guy

Since I work at Best Buy, we got a email a couple days ago from Rogers letting us know the update isn't out and such. The reps are supposed to tell u but again depends on if they were told or not.

It seems Rogers is having difficulties putting this update together
Mr_S6_Edge_plus
I'm Here A Lot

Hello there, I just got my Gear VR SM-322 (the version that works with the Galaxy S6 Edge +) and of course it is not working. I know for a fact that Samsung has made the update for the S6 Edge + and Note 5 late October, why hasn't Rogers pushed it out yet? I have this wonderful toy that I can't use right now. I bought my Gear VR from the source Canada, so it's legit. Come on Rogers, just out out the update please... For Christmas 🎄 at least!
Mr_S6_Edge_plus
I'm Here A Lot

Why in heavens name did Rogers update last year's flag ship before this year's??? Do you know how much money I paid for the 32GB Galaxy S6 Edge + on the day it came out??? My brother got the 64GB for 30$ cheaper than what I paid 3 weeks ago. This is ridiculous Rogers, please put ou the update, I recieved my Gear VR yesterday and I can't do anything with it!!
rawr4444
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks Roger!    How soon?

Not to be a Grinch, but I don't beleive a reasonable amount of time would alot to more than 1 or 2 days.   Is this too much longer or do you know?    I want to have faith in my serivce provider (Rogers) but I'm sure others (like me) will jump ship if they aren't keeping their customers in mind.

rawr4444
I Plan to Stick Around

Darn it..... my Gear VR shipped today.    I can't find anything from Rogers.   The guy responding to messages on Facebook didn't even know what Gear VR was.    I'm crossing my fingers that it will work, but not holding my breath!