When is the Nokia 1020 coming to Rogers?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
beyond
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: When is the Nokia 1020 coming to Rogers?

So they aren't getting the yellow camera grip?  or did you just not want to wait to exchange it for the yellow?

I would have double checked to make absulutely sure, there may be a chance to exchange it for yellow later. 

It's sad to say but most reps don't know they are on planet Earth.  I walked in to the store on launch day and the first sales associate I asked didn't even know what the Lumia 1020 was or that they already had it in stock in the store. Pure jokes.

lester007
I'm Here A Lot

i just have the yellow lumia 1020, it comes only in black camera grip if you pre-order it. Im happy about my purchased to replace my nokia n8,

~Fr. Winnipeg 😜

Kth
I Plan to Stick Around

No they only have the camera grip in black. I would have happily kept my 1020 if I could have exchanged the grip for a yellow one later but they didn't even kinow yellow grips existed let alone have plans to order them. The grip is bigger than phone, and looks silly being in a differnt colour. I would buy a black phone before using my yellow phone with  a black grip but I dislike black phones so that is not an option.

beyond
I Plan to Stick Around

HA!  I didn't expect that after people complained so much for them not releasing coloured 920's..This time they have the phone in colour but failed on an important accessory.  Another botched Lumia launch.  way to go Rogers. 

They should make it right by giving a gift card so those who pre ordered yellow can buy themselves the correct colour camera grip elsewhere.   Or Rogers could put some effort and purchase the yellow grip and replace the black ones. That would be the right solution.  But they don't care as usual.

Kth
I Plan to Stick Around

I agree Beyond, they certainly lost money but not offering me a credit. I had to return the phone and there is a cost to that. Plus unless I can get a comprable 1020 bundle at a descent price very soon I will pass on this generation and if I do that I will be dailing back on my plan for awhile. But more than anything they botched their ordering so they should have made it right but instead they now have another disgruntled customer.

alex_perry
I Plan to Stick Around

Wow.

when I reserved mine, I remember the picture showed a yellow phone but a black camera grip. I don't recall anything saying a choice of colour for the grip. I got my phone on the third, launch day, with a black grip. I wasn't surprised or disgruntled that it was black. Take this for what you will. You're disgruntled? Botched launch? There's bigger things to get worked up about...
Kth
I Plan to Stick Around

You get bent out of shape because colour is important to some of us. There is a lot bigger things than that to worry about. I waited 3 extra months to get my 920 in yellow, but that is my business,

beyond
I Plan to Stick Around

alex_perry

The camera grip was designed in three colors to match the three colors offered for the 1020.  Why put another color on it when the same color is available?  It just looks better when the grip matches the phone.  But I agree some people don't care, and might like to mix and match.