When is the Nokia 1020 coming to Rogers?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kth
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: When is the Nokia 1020 coming to Rogers?

Meowmix,

Do you know if Rogers still throws in the camera grip if you buy it outright?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Kth

No they do not. You have to sign a 2 year agreement with them to get it.

" Offer ends October 3, 2013 and subject to change without notice.

*With new activation on any 2-yr. Talk, text and wireless internet plan having min. $60 monthly service fee.

Offer available to new and existing Rogers customers reserving a Nokia Lumia 1020 between September 15 and October 3 through Rogers Reservation System. Nokia Lumia 1020 must be activated in store within 7 days of receiving the Rogers Reservation System shipment notification"
Kth
I Plan to Stick Around

I'm confused as to the best way for me to go. A Rogers’s agent didn't even know. I’m on a $80 plan and  I have 30 months left on my contract and $500 on my tab. I water damaged my 920 so I have to get a new phone and it has to the 1020. So signing up for a 2 yr would actually reduce my contract length. However the Roger's agent said in addition to the hefty $500 tab and $200 phone charge, I may also have to pay $12 a month for 6 months because of my contract going from 30 months to 24--they better not charge me that amount too! But it looks like signing up for the contract is the best way for me to go?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Kth

That is a lie. You monthly bill comes more then the $60 minimum and shouldn't have to be bothered. It seems the rep was giving false info once again.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Everyone!

It seems that the Lumia 1020 will be $600 outright from this picture from mobile Syrup!

http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/09/27/rogers-nokia-lumia-1020-will-be-600-outright/
Kth
I Plan to Stick Around

I thought $600 was too good to be true. $725 it is.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Kth

Yea me too. Thankfully they did correct it. Honestly devices are really high in prices now
Ayatdjo
I've Been Around

beyond
I Plan to Stick Around

Tried to do the upgrade but failed.   I don't meet the minimum $60.  So basically they told me I can't do hardware upgrade for any smartphone any more unless I change my plan.  Why would I change my plan which is a retention plan? 

Kth
I Plan to Stick Around

Well I had a very disappointing experience with my yellow 1020 pre-order. I picked it up yesterday and didn’t even look in the bag until I got back to work. Then I noticed that they gave me a black camera grip. I called them and they told me that is all they have and that I should call customer service to see if I could get it switched. I called customer service and they didn't even know that the camera grips come in the same colours as the 1020s. They wouldn’t give a credit so I could by a proper camera grip so I had return the phone.

Rogers was already very late getting this phone so now I'm most likely going to have to skip this generation. I'll reduce my data plan to a bare minimum and just use my backup phone for voice and text for now. I was already on the fence about paying top dollar for a phone halfway through its cycle but pairing the yellow beauty with a clunky black camera grip is just not an option at that price.