When is the Nokia 1020 coming to Rogers?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pulkit10
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: When is the Nokia 1020 coming to Rogers?

kth: You could get a Lumia 520. Definitely not as flashy as a 920 but at $99 it is very hard to beat. Seriously, a great little temporary phone for that price. Both Rogers and Koodo are selling it for around $150-200 but if you look up online you'll find it around $100-120. If not, the 620 is only $250.

As for the 1020...I doubt they are releasing it here. Apart from AT&T, only a select few markets are known to be getting it and none of them have it as of yet. Kind of surprising as they had two excellent choices in the 925 and 1020 and they didn't pick either. Typical Rogers. If Verizon comes over, I wouldn't hesitate at all in switching despite being a customer for a while.

Kth
I Plan to Stick Around

Surely Rogers will get the 1020 as well. Very few global carriers have announced it yet so I expect many more to do so once the exclusivity period is over which should be soon.

I thought about getting something like the 520 as a temp phone but I also know there is a chance that Rogers will not offer the 1020 so I wouldn't want to use a screen that small for too long. I saw a yellow 920 on Kijiji for 300 which I would go for if I knew the 1020 was not going to be available soon. Decisions, decisions.

Thanks.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Kth

We can not be so sure Rogers will get it. Remember just because Rogers got the 900 & 920 before, does not mean they will get the 1020. Nokia can sell it to another carrier like Bell or Telus. As of right now tho, no one can say where its going as no one has this info.

Not many carriers have released it or announced it so it will take time. Maybe a few weeks tops.
Scazza
I've Been Here Awhile

Would be nice if you guys carried this.  Canada seems to be the only 1st world country not getting this device...

StephanSmith
I'm New Here

I totally agree with Scazza. Rogers needs to promote Windows Phone even more before getting flood with Android phones.

Please bring the Lumia 1020 and more Nokia devices.

Mass_Deduction
I've Been Here Awhile

Fido customer here, using a Lumia 920 purchased from a Rogers store.

I definitely feel the pain of people wanting a 1020 (I would love one myself), but Fido doesn't have a single Windows Phone yet. When my Fido Agreement is up, if Rogers has a great subsidised Windows Phone (perhaps 930 or 1030 by then, as we're talking early 2015) then I'd be sorely tempted to port out to Rogers, depending on what the price plans are.

In the meanwhile, I'll keep buying Rogers phones as Fido SIMs work in most of them, even when they're locked to Rogers. Not always, apparently, but usually.

As for why Fido doesn't have a single Windows Phone, even when something like the HTC 8S or the Lumia 520 would be perfect for them? Who can say. Rogers, Chatr, Telus, Koodo, Bell, Wind, Mobiliticity, even Cityfone carry one or more Windows Phones.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Mass_Deduction

Rogers owns Fido. Even tho Rogers owns them, Fido has their own head office & CEO. Rogers still tells Fido what devices they will carry. It could be that Rogers does not want to let Fido own a single Windows device. It seems unfair but its true.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

A update for all of you. Its been reported that Rogers will be getting the Lumia 1020 In October. There is no info on prices / colors & date when it will be released. All that info will be given out when Rogers & Nokia offially announce it in Octomber.  It will be a Rogers exclusive once again.

http://mobilesyrup.com/2013/08/22/nokia-lumia-1020-coming-to-rogers-in-october/

Kth
I Plan to Stick Around

They will be getting an expense early upgrade from me if they offer colour choices. Surely they will not make the mistake of only carrying a Lumia in black again.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Kth

At this point, there is no info on colors BUT it could be that they are bringing colors or just black & white for the start. Hopefully they bring more colors!