When is the Nokia 1020 coming to Rogers?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: When is the Nokia 1020 coming to Rogers?

Hello Jazzism

Its not a ATT global exclusivity. So really you are getting all mad & all for nothing here. ATT just like Rogers has exclusive ONLY on US & Rogers in Canada with the devices they way carry.

Rogers & Nokia could be waiting until they want to release the phone. It has nothing to do with ATT & the states. So your argument is not valid what so ever.
Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Kth

It could be coming anytime soon but no one knows when until Rogers & Nokia release something.

Until then, have you tried going on Kijiji or a Cellphone store to see if you can find a cheap Windows phone?
seppo_71
I've Been Here Awhile

Me too, I want yellow Lumia 1020 ASAP.
Kth
I Plan to Stick Around

The Rogers store had offered so little hope that my phone could be repaired that I wasn't going to try but the people at an AML Rogers affiliate store told me that it probalbly could be repaired so I have it in for repair now. I hope that it can be fixed but if not I will have to look for a used phone or something to tide me over until I can get a 1020.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello kth

Hopefully your phone can get repaired!. WE just have to wait & see if & when Rogers will release it if Nokia & Rogers make it exclusive for Rogers. I sure hope it does come tho. The Lumia 920 is $49 on a 2 year deal with Rogers & $0 on a 3 year term at the moment. So it could be coming soon .
fadingK
I've Been Around

JUST spoke to Rogers Cust. Service Rep. Nothing yet, but I HOPE so very soon. I will trash my perfectly good Android for 41 MP.

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello fadingK

The Rogers reps will not give u any info even if they know it. Why? Because they know they are being recorded and they can lose their job if they release any info.

Also the reps will get info a few days or a week before the announce it will come to Rogers. Sadly some reps do not get told until they see it on TV or the Internet like we do.
avell
I've Been Around

It is very bad. Rogers/Telus/Bell are the worst cartel I ever seen. Nokia is failing on Canadians in doing business with them. They should just sell the phone unlocked and I would be happy to pay to be free and choose whoever gives me the best contract free deal. I really hope Verizon comes to Canada and shake things up. Nokia and Microsoft please start selling this phone on the MS store! Don't do business with Rogers! I unfortunatelly had to go on a contract to get my 920. I will think twice next time. It woths to pay more to be free from these companies that don't care for their customers.

RWalrond
I Plan to Stick Around

The sad news is, I'm not sure Microsoft or Nokia cares either.

I agree, we should be able to buy the dam phones unlocked, my only hope is that Nokia has another phone up it's sleeve that will make us all say.... ohhhh, now I understand why there was a delay.

Sorta like how Rogers screwed up the Lumia 900 launch so badly that by then WP8.0 was annoced and we knew not to buy that end of life phone. I only wish these companies would communicate what they're doing.

Kth
I Plan to Stick Around

Unfortunately my 920 cannot be repaired. I don't want to spend too much money on another phone because if I have to spend on something I want to spend on a 1020 (and not a black one either). I'll have to get something for the interim though.