When does monthly usage begin?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FormerMember
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: When does monthly usage begin?

@RogersDarrell wrote:

@hi @Gdkitty, @Cap07, @snafu169 and @skinorth,

Your responses have become off-topic to what the original thread's intention was. Let's keep it on topic from here out. Further off-topic posts we be removed.

So what! These forums are for users and who really cares if the topic has digressed a bit? These users are adding some additional useful information to the topic of bandwidth usage. Of course, if Rogers had not put in these usage allowances in the first place, it would be a moot point. But I for one like the comments from Gdkitty, Cap07, snafu169 and skinorth. Why not pay more attention to your customers?

skinorth
I'm an Advisor

@RogersDarrell:

you are absolutely correct.  The discussion has drifted off topic.  And thanks to IHR for posting supportive, positive comments regarding those off-topic postings by several of us.

Now, according to my memory, (and I have been participating in this Forum for about 18 months) a number of the threads in this Forum have drifted off topic at times.  And in that time I can't remember having seen any actions or postings by Rogers Moderators intended to control or stop this.

So, if you now wish to change past precedent, that is fine with me.  I will create a new thread with a subject line more pertinent to the direction in which our discussion had drifted.

skinorth

snafu169
I Plan to Stick Around

the topic may have drifted but it is not far off, when someone asks when their monthly usage starts, are they not doing so because they are monitoring the usage?

MarcusY
I've Been Around

My bill said that I been charge from the 8th of every month to the 7th of the next month, for example, April 8 - May 7, but today May 9 and it still hasn't reset yet. My monthly usage is currently over and I was hoping that it would have reset by the 8th of this month because I wanted to catch on shows that I missed. Rogers have been nothing but fustration. Are the monthly usage allowance automatically reset itself or it is manually reset by an employee? Man FrustratedMan Mad 

What's with Rogers and their low low low caps?Man Mad

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

They are automaticaly reset.

The problem with the online monitoring, takes about a day to catch up.. so you wont see it till the next day.

easirca
I've Been Around

I have the exactly same issue right at this moment. My billing ends on the 15th and new billing starts on the 16th. Today is the 17th and the usage is still counting towards last billing cycle and showing over usage. Is this a bug or Rogers is doing it on purpose to squeeze some extra money out of consumers pocket?

Rhonda
I've Been Here Awhile

Although your usage appears as "overage", the actually billing will be correct.  It can take a few days for rogers.com to update and roll over.  

Lorrne
I've Been Here Awhile

Internet Bandwidth Reset Time

I have used up to many gigs this month, and I was just wondering when it restarted. The time that I have to pay the bill is on the 28th. I've already searched through the rogers forum and google, and I haven't really clearly understood what people were saying.

So my question is when the bandwidth gets reset to 0, if it's on the 28th ( my billing date ) or the 1st of the next month?

Thanks 🙂

123456789aaaaa
I've Been Around

Well I can tell you for me it starts the next billing cycle but if anybody is as fedup as I am with rogersso called usage cap there are alternatives out there becides rogers, and they don't have these lousy caps on there customers. if you need info let me now and I can direct you to the right place. Just remember there are others than these greedy people

melissa22
I've Been Here Awhile

Your usage will restart on your Billing cycle.  This can be different for each customer.  You can determine your usage period by reviewing your My Rogers profile.  If you click "usage details" you will see the dates of the usage period. 

Remember that usage on your My Rogers profile is not real time and is 24 hours behind.

View solution in original post