When a non-client facing issue turns into one.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

When a non-client facing issue turns into one.

I have been a rogers  customer  for over 12 years. I love rogers however over the last month I have been appualed by the level of customer service, commitment to values, lack of training  and policies.

This was a month long ordeal that reach all levels of Rogers and all areas,.I have spent over 12 hours of my own time on long hold times to fix a non-client facing issue that turned into resulting in calls from the collection department, my services being disconnected, and misinformed techinical information given.

I was paying for two rogers internet services at two different locations. Location A told me that they no longer wanted Roger's services and please end the services.

I contacted Rogers the first rep told me no problem she would disconnect the the services to Location A and Location B would remain active. She disconnted Location B services by mistake and returned the service back quickly. She told me she was having difficulty trying to get Location A's disconnect done and she would escalte the call and would call me back once the work order was done. She never did.

5 Days later I recieve a call from Rogers collection stating I owed $275.00 on my internet bill and would need to pay this right now or my services would disconnected. I was not past due and my next due date at this time was Sept 28 2012. I ended the call as I felt this was a 3rd party and contacted Rogers.

After an hour phone call and being escalted 3-4 times, I finally got the charges reversed which were infact 3 reconnect fees that were cause by the inital rep's error. However during the whole process I was asked why I would disconnect and then ask for my services to reconnected with in 10 mins. When I finally talked to the manager he flat out said "I am reversing these charges as courtesy  but we don't have too" (even though  those charges appeared as a mistake by them?)

During this time every rep during esclation chain I asked to confirm Location A internet would be disconnected not Location B. They all ensured my that Location B's internet would still remain active.

On Sept 28 2012 Location B's internet was disconnected.

I call again to Rogers a tech didn't even look at my account he said there was an outage in the area and that was it. I question to make sure a disconnect order did not go through. He said no. 3 days later no internet restored.I called again yes it was disconnected. We will restore internet to your place in 1 hour. Next morning no internet. Call again there is problem with modem maybe please exchange it. Go to the rogers store exchange modems. Call again, there the box was disconnected on the outside a tech will have to come out. She told me she would call back with an earlier appointment. She never did. I had to call again.The next time a tech will be in your area is Saturday. This was a Rogers error not mine.  This was 8+ hours on the phone from the disconnect till Saturday, resolving a non-client facing issue.

I still have never gotten a sorry from anyone I spoke too. I was treated like I have zero  tech knowledge, or billing understanding. I was only given credits and shrug of the shoulder attitude. I had to explain the situation countless times as notes or cross communication does not exist.

I asked how to file a complaint. They told me online. I have no internet cause you disconnected me by mistake. Not a single person was willing to esclate or take ownership of the problem. Very sad, that a company that I love and recommend to everyone, views customer service as a job, and giving the client credits will fix the problems.

****Edited Labels****

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: When a non-client facing issue turns into one.

The only way that i don know of to file an official complaint, is via the web unfortunately Smiley Sad

I do feel for you.  Often the tech peoples training, is very poor.  I have found many good billing/CSRs, but with tech its a dime a dozen if you can get one that is decent and knows what they are doing. Smiley Sad

Just curious, if both these location, were under one account?  A and B both billed on same bill, etc?  Just wondering how they could screw up closing one vs the other.
If i ever have to do this.. i will make sure that they are on 100% seperate accounts, just to make sure that something like this is less likely to happen.

I've Been Here Awhile

Another 20 min call to get this charge reversed was rogers out sourced collections

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

are you a land lord and by any chance did you open the internet service under your name by mistake instead of a clients name? my friend is a landlord and he said his tenant opens the internet account under their own name so there is no liability to the landlord for unpaid bill and no possibility of mistakes managing and handling the account changes or cancellations.

I've Been Here Awhile

No I am not the landlord. The internet was for my parents.

The mistakes were made by Rogers reps not the end users. They pushed the wrong button plain and simple. They admitted to it.

I am just frustrated people at Rogers don't get it. Today after talking for 20 mins and speaking to manager to get $9.00 phone call removed from my phone bill cause Rogers called me from a 416 number to collect the false reconnect fee.

He said is there anything else. I told him  do you think this is right for a person to have to call to get a phone call charge reversed that was created cause the service provider themselves called about another charge that themselves created in error? or should it just been removed without customer having to call in?

His response was you are not happy with the 9.00 refund? What?? no I am not happy? Did you want a bigger refund? No I don't. I want the 12 hours of my life back you guys stole due to a flawed and horrible system. Please some one at rogers examine your processes. They are not working. That is of course if your business model is not based on collecting charges and fees. If it is that,  than KUDOS it working just fine and keep up the good work.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Unfortunately, ANY reversals/fixes.. heck even plan changes to save us money.. all has to stem from US.  It shouldnt have to be.. but it does. Smiley Sad

I had this with bell, before i swtiched to rogers.   Where i lived, their actualy BEST tower for me, due to line of sight, was ACROSS lake simcoe in barrie.  Well.. that area, is long distance for me.. I would pick up roaming charges, and long distance fees, due to it grabbing that tower.

Suprisingly, bell was good about reversing it.  But i had to call.. EVERY BILL.. and have them reverse it.. go line by line through the whole bill with the person on the phone, etc..

Im sorry you had to go through all this.