When I wil FINALLY get my unlock?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

When I wil FINALLY get my unlock?

Okay, so I bought an iPhone 4 from Rogers last year. I've paid full price, I've been a goood customer for a whole year (though it has been challenging times to times), and I've cancelled my account in October. The representative with whom I spoke over the phone has assured me that my iPhone will get unlocked on November 19 with my last bill paid in full. I've paid the bill (almost $500, d'oh!), today's almost december and I STILL don't have an unlocked iPhone.

Why could it be and what I should do next?

Og, important notice: I'm out of Canada now and just can't call them or get to help centre.

So?

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: When I wil FINALLY get my unlock?

You have to pay them for the unlock.. not sure why, when the phone was paid in full, why you had to wait for a date (with the cancelation) for the unlock..

But its $50 for them to unlock it.. you would have to call them to get it unlocked.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

yeah u have to pay the $50 unlocking fee FIRST before they will unlock it, did you even do this yet?

I've Been Here Awhile

Oh God. Nobody mentioned this to me.

And can I get them to put this on my bill WITHOUT calling them? (I'm outside and will be for a couple of months at least)

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

just call them up, as with any charges to your bill you need to call and add it to your bill,  call the toll free number if your outside your house.

I've Been Here Awhile

Nope, I'm outside Canada and North America in all. I cannot call them, especially toll-free. After my last $500 bill I won't be calling LD to get another non-helpful representative.

Really. Is it THAT complicated?

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello dedpihto

This is the ONLY way they are able to do the unlock process for you. I am sure you can get a phone card for long distance & use that. Its better then nothing right?
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

im also pretty sure you can call them from usa, if not, there is a number on the sim card, i was told you can call it collect if your outside canada and they should answer it.  either way, if u dont make any effort to contact them, your not doing yourself any good.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

One thing to try...

I know skype, can make some calls to toll free numbers, for free (not needing credits).. so you could possibly call from it?