When Enough is Enough!!!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: When Enough is Enough!!!

GDKitty, you must be the only person here who gets good service from Rogers and therefore speaks so highly about them.

One of these days you will sit on the phone for over an hour waiting for a technical rep or billing or customer service only to find they do not know the answer and say someone will call you back, who never does.

And as I've heard from Rogers employees, they have to wait for the latest and greatest at least a month after a device (ie. iPhone 5) is released to the general public.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a lot of Rogers customers here who have not have the same positive experience as you have.  And to you I can only say you have been pretty darn lucky as the comments and issues others post in this forum seem to reflect the general Rogers customer experience.

I'm a Senior Advisor

Just take a look at the Rogers Facebook page - it is nothing but complaints - albeit with the occasional compliment thrown it!

http://www.facebook.com/Rogers

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

In the past I worked retail, and dealt with the CS/relations team a bit.
Statisticly wise, if you have 10 customers with problems, 8/10 of those may post a complaint.
If you have 10 customers who are happy, maybe 2/10 will post something positive. They are just content and move on.
So in the end, you are likely to see more negative than positive. You will see this on other companies sites/forums as much as Rogers (even video game forums, etc)

Am I lucky the I haven't been effected by a lot of it? (Or at min bothers me less?) yes. I am not saying its not an issue, nor should it not be fixed. I only post to say I am not effected, so while there may be MANY effected, it's not necessarily a global issue.

I am more trained than most of the techs on the phone, so I rarely have to call in for tech Smiley Tongue but do for billing. Have I got bad people? Sure. So I hang up and call back, and then get hopefully a smart one. I have called over the last year, for various things (a bunch of plan changes) I would say an average of 2x a month. Bout 80% of the reps have been decent. And my longest wait was 1hr one time to tech. Every other time, was less than 15 mins. Maybe I a just calling at non busy times.

As much as someone is allowed to come on here and complain and post a negative experience, I am allowed to post a positive one Smiley Tongue

I'm a Senior Advisor

I have read statistics where only 4-5% of dissatisfied customers actually register a complaint. Translation - For every 1000 unhappy Rogers customers, only about 40-50 will actually be bothered to complain!!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Either way, we don't have all the numbers.

50 people post in the issue, means roughly 1000 with the issue? How many people use that service? 10,000? (That's prob low) that's 9,000 people we DON'T KNOW how they feel on it. They could be fine they could not be, we just don't know.

Again, I'm not saying there are NOT issues, and they definitely should be fixed. Smiley Happy just saying, though the majority of the posts do have the issue, there are potential users without it as well Smiley Happy

I'm a Trusted Advisor

GDKitty.

There is barely anyone else commenting that has no issues. Its just you & maybe one more person. On the forums, many users are unhappy / do not want a buggy OS for a cable box. This is something Rogers needs to address or customers will cancel. Look on Rogers Twitter / Rogers Facebook & let me know how many more customers are unhappy. I can tell you every single day i read around 20+ comments about the Cable being garbage.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Again, WHERE did i ever say that its NOT an issue?

ALL i am saying, is that there may be users without the issues.

Other users which may not have the issue, will not likely post, as they have no reason to.. theirs is working fine.
It may be a small %, but its still possible.

I have NEVER once said that rogers doesnt have to fix it.

Just because i dont have the problem, or have a positive experience, DOESNT mean i am saying something doesnt need to be fixed.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Gdkitty

There are hundreds that post on Rogers facebook all the time. This does not means or may be small as i can give you around 100+ comments from the past week already about the cable & how the software is garbage. I follow their facebook every single day & see the posts. Just because they do not post on here, does not mean it may be a small % or anything like that. Not every single person will open a account & post on here. Everyone has a different way of contacting Rogers in many ways. Again this does not mean it may be a small % of users.

I have only seen you & 2 others actually post on how Rogers cable is great & nothing is wrong with them VS thousands on Facebook & posts on here. Do not take everything so personal.

People that love the Rogers boxes & like the OS do not post because they have NOTHING to post for. This is why you see a small amount of users posting. The only people that post on here & on Facebook are the ones with issues / do not like Rogers. The ones that love it, will see how Rogers is down the road. As for the time being, i wish them the best.

Anyways I apolize if you think anything i said anything wrong towards you. Lets get back on topic here. No need for this. Smiley Happy

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I think we may have miss read each others, which got us going on this Smiley Tongue

My post above was trying to say what you just said.  I may have worded it wrong that made it seem the other way.

"People that love the Rogers boxes & like the OS do not post because they have NOTHING to post for. This is why you see a small amount of users posting."

I will agree.. 95%+ of the users that do post SOMETHING, post a problem with it.... all we can go off is those who DO say something.. the 100,000s of users that dont say anything, positive or negative, we cant go off of.

Its hard when someone directs a comment AT me Smiley Tongue 

Anyways.. i agree, lets try to keep personal differences apart.. the point the forums is to discuss and help users with issues

I'm a Reliable Contributor

I just came on here to complain about the NetBox and found this. Must admit I really agree. I bought a new TV so decided to buy the latest PVR (we've had the Scientific Atlantic for a few years) hoping for great improvements and more disk space. Well, I got the space but a lot of problems.

Let me first say that the Cisco programmers could have started by using the older box as a guide as to what is good to do. There are so many features on the SA unit that they ignored. Things that made it easier.

Overall the colour scheme, highlighting, etc. on the NetBox is poor. If a UI designer worked on it, fire them now. It is not obvious, it is not clear. Let us change the colour options and rethink the icons used.

The lack of a DVR/PVR channel means that EVERYTIME we end watching something recorded while recording two others we get the stupid error that you can have three things going at once because the PVR goes back to the last channel watched. Why?????

I am missing so many ends of shows that run late because the extend 5 minutes, 15 minutes, etc. Doesn't consistently work.

Yes, there are some nice features (I like the tools on the info guide) and it does take time to get used to a new unit but overall the new box, to me, is a step down from the older ones.