When Enough is Enough!!!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sstacey
I'm Here A Lot

Re: When Enough is Enough!!!

You might run into problems with another provider......  yes, ......but if you are ALREADY having problems with the existing provider and they have happily taken your hundreds of dollars each month but are unable to resolve your issues....  what is the motivation to continue trying? or paying?  OMG we have been so patient.... we have invested in the upgrades on the advice it would resolve the issue. The latest and most expensive modems, the latest NETBOX. Distortion, black channels and nightly upgrades around 2 am. We have taken days off to wait for the Rogers truck, we have sat there on hold, we have explained our issue over again to each person we are transfered to, we have listened to the apologies, we have waited on the call backs, watched our emails for follow ups.....  At what point do we say..........We have done out part and then some as a loyal customer and have not recieved the service we paid for.  We have not been compensated for the lack of service or the loss of time we have invested to see resolution? 

Sorry....just exhausted and fed up.   Years and years I have settled and am at the point of saying....  this is insane.  If this was a Car, or a house, I'd be seeking legal alternatives for breach of contract. Failure to provide said services.  What is the minimum expectation that they should live up to or it should be actionable?  Should this go beyond the provider to the CRTC? the CTC? How many in our area are having the same issue?  When am I going to get a straight answer and a final resolution?

Its time to say that I've done all I can in this business relationship and its time to review my options......  I can't even believe that a provider of services can have me this frustrated.  Okay....deep breath.

Man Embarassed

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Oh, im not saying not to do anything or switch..
You, have done your work and due dilligence.

There are just many people, who have ONE issue, one time, and scream blue murder and threaten to leave.. and not make any attempt to rectify the issue.. they make it seem like the companies should NEVER have a problem EVER.

What can you do?  Its hard to say.

You can talk to customer relations or retions at rogers.. they MIGHT be able to compensate.

Can you file something with the CRTC/CTC?? possibly.  will it go anywhere? I dont know.. maybe yes maybe no.
Unfortunately.. MANY regular services.. through the contract/terms of use/etc types of documents.. often for their SLA (service level agreements) for home based usage.. would often have things saying UP TO, or cant guarantee 100% uptime, etc.

Often the difference between HOME and BUSINESS grade, you will see this.  Home, they will try and rectify it as soon as they can etc... business grade, they usualy have like a 4 hour window.  But business grade stuff, you are often paying 2-4x as much on the service, as regular grade.

I did respond to your other thread on things to maybe try with them to resolve your tv issue.

Living in the same area as you, if your final decision is to switch companies, i can help with what your other options are, they are a little limited, but could at least find the best options.  Feel free to PM me.

sstacey
I'm Here A Lot

CTC is relating to Telecommunication, so it would be CRTC for cable, I guess?

According to Canada’s Commissioner for Complaints for Telecommunications Services 2011-2012 report, wireless services topped the complaints list.

In the rising flood, Telus was the only company among Canada’s big three that had a drop in complaints — 13 per cent.

Bell chalked up a hike of 17 per cent.

Rogers Communications complaints rose by a whopping 112 per cent. Among cable service providers, Shaw saw complaints climb 335 per cent.

pac_west227
I'm a Reliable Contributor

@mousetamer wrote:
A vast majority of my dealings with Rogers' CSRs has been very pleasant. I can only think of maybe a couple of bad ones over the last 20 or so years that I have been with them. Same for the store staff. What amazes me is that a lot of these people make about $25,000 a year. I don't know how happy I would be to deal with the public if I was in their shoes and making $12 or so an hour. Anyways, my biggest issue with Rogers at this time is with the crappy Alpha version of Nextbox and the IPG. The CSRs have nothing to do with that.

They get alot more than that. Dont know who you spoke to to get that figure. Average reps get around 30-35k/yr doe or about 16-17/hr. The higher you go the more you get. For example tech reps level 1 and client relation reps are in the 43-45k range/annum. I know... I seen the range posted on an internal job applic. my friend sent to me. Team leaders and mgrs in call centres obviously get waaay more than that in the 50-60k range if not more, doe. TV service men who come to your house are in the 60k+ range... Again I've seen internal ads for these posts. 

People forget Rogers used to be a monopoly.. as such, if you understand monopolistic economic business models, are inefficient with high revenues and low capital investment. It's only when the market allows for perfect competition do monopolies start getting off their asses and do some work. That's why Rogers is having so much troubles cause they've been working with old bureaucratic systems that dont foster perfect competition to meet client needs cause they didnt have to - when they were a monopoly. Now that new competitors are here Rogers has to re-work their old **bleep** ways and get on it. As yall see they are losing customers by the boat load. Truth.com!!

upsdriver9
I Plan to Stick Around

I totally agree with you on this one buddy.... Rogers started getting the crappy service up to date once they saw all these other providers getting on board with better service and better up to date equipment... But no matter how hard they try to do their upgrades of the hardware, it will never come close to what the other providers are using, for one, I hate the fact that the rogers PVR next box is like a huge tool box, that thing is so **bleep** heavy and so BIG... unlike the competitors whose PVR and digital receivers are small and copact, Rogers Remote controls are like a thing from space, so old fashion and outdated, maybe its not Rogers, but whoever is supplying rogers with their equipment should over look things and get up to date with technology. You are right as much as some people on here dont want to hear this and dont want to admit it, People are leaving rogers like crazy, and you know what I know at least 15 people within my family and friends that have left Rogers and have been with Fibe TV and they swear to never ever look back at rogers.. Why is it that rogers HD selection of channels is still very scarse? we need more HD channels so that we can be ahead of the game... others are offering why cant rogers?? is rogers that bad with money that they cannot afford to get more HD?? anyways I will be glad when December rolls around, I will be out of Rogers and I too will not look back, If I have been with rogers for 15 odd years and have had nothing but headaches, Im sure I can continue having them with other providers, but I will be happy with my channel selections of HD Channels...and better quality service....

pac_west227

I'm considering Fibe tv aka division of Bell...  but I did several comparisons and Bell always came out more expensive, argh!!  They give you deep discount for first 6 mos then jack it up next 6 mos. So overall the average cost ends up being more than rogers anyway. However, I did complain and the rep made a call to a fibe tv mgr and gave me the intial 6 mos discount to extend to a yr THEN they raise it back to regular price. Overall for a 2 yr period it ends up being a whole $4 LESS than Rogers per month, lol. I really have to play around with fibe tv, internet, etc demo at a bell place to make my final decision. Need to see the quality. 

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Pac: that's just it. So many people come forward with the "company x is cheaper!" Often that is only the promo price, and regular monthlies only end up being +\- a few dollars. People need to do their research like you, and look at the BIG picture before making a decision

pac_west227

@Gdkitty wrote:
Pac: that's just it. So many people come forward with the "company x is cheaper!" Often that is only the promo price, and regular monthlies only end up being +\- a few dollars. People need to do their research like you, and look at the BIG picture before making a decision

Here's the promo I'm getting now with Rogers effective few days ago:

- Rogers HDTV pack - digital VIP

- Express internet - 80 GB's, w/speed booster

- Homephone - basic touchtone, 1 feature basic voice mail

- 8642 Cisco HD PVR

- 8642 Cusco HD (non-PVR)

Dont know how they calculate all the discounts but comes to $135 (tax included) per month for 2 yrs or $3240

Fibe tv for similar promo

- 2262 HD HOME PVR, additional HD (non-PVR)

- internet - 15/10 GB's, 75 GB total/mo

- Home phone - basic touchtone, 1 feature basic voice mail

- Ultimate tv pack, HDTV

1st yr $96/mo. 2nd yr $166/mo. Total for 2 yrs equals $3144 or $131/mo. Only $4 less than Rogers promo. Not really worth the change - FOR NOW.  Believe me I'm not a hard and steadfast rogers loyal customer by far, lol. Give me the savings money wise and I'm gone...

Other things you should know about Fibe from reading reviews, analysis from Fibe customers:

You bascially get a fixed total bandwidth to support all your tv's, internet which means the more sets you have on watching HD channels and recording more HD programs at the same time the less bandwidth for internet if using at the same time. The max download is 15 mbs but upload is max 10 which is really good considering Rogers only goives approx .50-.52 mbs which suxx!! However, my download speed is waaay better on Rogers. I have never gone below 25 mbs/download when testing on speedtest.net. Usually around 30-32 mbs is common with speed booster. Basically rogers uses any unused bandwidth on the street or line, hub - whatever you wanna call it - to top off my internet for free. So I'm always getting way higher than disclosed speed of 18 mbs. I'm not a huge uploader so having 0.50 or 10 mbs doesnt concern me either way. It's only download speed that concerns me. I'm lucky the street I'm on doesnt have that many internet users to begin with, that my speed booster uses extra bandwidth to top the internet speed above 18 mbs.

Fibe tv is different. For example you have fibe 25 pack. 15 is max for internet leaving you with 10 for tv. But if you have alot of tv's and hd pvr's on all at the same time on HD channels then the TV's consume all the bandwith first. What's left is for internet. So if all tv's and HD PVR's are all off except the internet, THEN you get the fastest speed up to 15 mbs/10mbs or fib 15/10. Hmmm....  of course the more you pay the higher the total overall bandwidth for your line. 

Bell 

pac_west227

Although on the tv side Fibe beats Rogers to smitherines... up to 4 HD channels recordable at same time, tons more HD channels, 10x better guide with live pause, rewind, much easier to use interactive guide, more features.  Every forum for Fibe customers have said the HDTV side is waaay better than rogers and the pic clarity is waaay better - even on the old crt tv's. They all say no more flickering, fuzziness, jerking, blurry motion, etc. that they had with HDTV on rogers. 

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I think that's the kicker in the end. Which one has the most important part for you. If you need that better pvr, and the channels, etc, might be the better choice. Or the upload on the net. But while not quite as high, Rogers is raising theirs in the next month 🙂

I think what limits the fibe, is that from the closest CO, it's still only twisted pair to your house, which has a much lower max bandwidth than cable. So Rogers will tend to have less overall bandwidth issues than twisted pair.