When Enough is Enough!!!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

When Enough is Enough!!!

Well I have come to a conclusion that no matter what we say, how much we get on here and complain and get frustrated with each other and with Rogers, it is not going to help resolve the many issues that myself and others are experiencing with ROGERS.. they just dont seem to grasp that customers are fed up, that we need to have something done, that we need more then a Nextbox to make us happy, Nextbox is a piece of crap, it is full of bugs and glitches and nothing but headaches.

We are not getting the HD channels that other providers are offering, let alone new channels that we been asking for are never going to get here.. I was looking forward to AMC HD to watch Breaking Bad's Season 3 and I guess that wont happen, as I noticed this morning on the Newspaper that it is only available as HD on Fibe... does that make sense??? oh well, What I am trying to say is that instead of getting frustrated and argue with anyone on here I am going to make the move and go to another Provider... and I guess Rogers will start getting the hint once the majority of their customers move on..... Trust me after so many years with Rogers... this is not what I was expecting... but I will be on my way...

***Edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: When Enough is Enough!!!

I completely understand if the channel is important to you, if you leave.

It IS unfortunate, that rogers hasnt been able to aquire these channels yet.

They would not PUROPOSELY not get them.. to not get them just to spite people, etc, its not worth loosing the customers.

There is money, legal issues, amongst other things... that are involved in the background, when companies have to buy channels to broadcast from others.  We may never know why or why not we never get them or why they are delayed.  Unfortunately because of these things.. it can take alot of time to get them 😞

The most we can do, is keep letting them know we want them.. and hope that they can work out whatever between them and the provider, sooner rather than later.

But again, i do completely understand if you would leave over this.

I Plan to Stick Around

I am considering the same. Everything but cellphone because I am stuck in a contract but once that is done I am gone there too.

Customer service is deplorable. I have had CSRs yell at me on the phone, laugh at me when I call with an issue and basically accuse me of lying to get something free.

Great way to deal with the people who pay your salary!
I'm a Trusted Advisor

@Lytefall

I would suggest recording the phone calls & then if any issues happens during a phone call, speak to their Manager or contact the Office of the President. Play the recording & let them know how you feel. Once that is done, believe me, they will do ANYTHING for you.

I record EVERY single phone call i do with Rogers. I let the reps know & even when the rep gets lippy with me or yells, i just ask for their manager & if they do not transfer me, i hang up & call back & speak to a Manager. The CSR's are not fully trained for this stuff. They always assume & say " you are lying" when you are not because they have nothing better to do. Remember also you will find a few good reps out their. Its hard to find them tho.
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the advice. I have been down the road of the office of the president. Very friendly and helpful with me, sympathetic to my issues and willing to get things resolved. Right up until the point they didn't call me back with their final solution when they said they would and then never returned another phone call after that.

I get what your saying though. And yes I know there are good CSRs out there, even great ones. I finally was lucky enough to get one with my last major issue after calling every week for 6 months. Finally listened to what I had to say and resolved my problem in under an hour. If all Rogers CSRs were like this woman was I would stay with Rogers forever.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I swear i must have a horseshoe where the sun doesnt shine sometimes..

Yes, when i have called, ocassionaly you get the bad tech who doesnt know what they are doing.. and cant help/dont fix it..  but i dont think i have ever really got a rude one.

Especaily with csr's.  I have had to call lately on a few things, to make a few adjustments, etc.. and each of the CSRs i got was very helpful and nice in switching stuff over..
One spend 30 mins on the phone with me, explaining how the rogers home security would show up on my bill, how its broken down, how the rebate would show vs how the hardware is charged.

While chaning a phone function, i just jokingly asked, if there was anything else i could change to save money.. they checked, but couldnt find anyting, and put me through to customer relations.  That person was just as nice, and found me a great deal i could apply to my account.

Maybe im just lucky..

I Plan to Stick Around

yeah Gdkitty you are probably 1 in a million , the rest of us have nothing but terrible things to say about Rogers. I used to like rogers up unitl maybe 6 months ago... I think we all need change and you know maybe its not a bad idea to try out different providers, many new ones look promissing, and hey they may not be promissing, but the bottom line is, neither is rogers... at least give it a try and see ... i cant loose anything by doing so.. everyone else i have known who have moved on are extremely happy...

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@upsdriver9 wrote:

yeah Gdkitty you are probably 1 in a million , the rest of us have nothing but terrible things to say about Rogers. I used to like rogers up unitl maybe 6 months ago... I think we all need change and you know maybe its not a bad idea to try out different providers, many new ones look promissing, and hey they may not be promissing, but the bottom line is, neither is rogers... at least give it a try and see ... i cant loose anything by doing so.. everyone else i have known who have moved on are extremely happy...

Make that 2 in a million.  Though I have rarely  had to deal with Rogers, when I have, they have been polite, patient, an usually helpfull.

Being of the generation that is used to pluging in a TV and it works, today s technology is a challenge. , After getting my digital HDPVR this spring, and figuring out where to plug all the little wires and cables, I could not get the thing working.  The insruction booklet was useless so I called for help.  It took the better part of two days to get everything working properly, but each person we dealt with, patiently walked my husband  me step by step through what needed to be done.  

Dealing with the staff at the Rogers store has been just as good an experience.  The only time I have been less than satisfied has been when I needed some help with the internet, and it was wait times that were the problem.

Maybe I was just lucky and got the good customer service people, but so far I can t complain and hope I don t have to test my luck too often.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

A vast majority of my dealings with Rogers' CSRs has been very pleasant. I can only think of maybe a couple of bad ones over the last 20 or so years that I have been with them. Same for the store staff. What amazes me is that a lot of these people make about $25,000 a year. I don't know how happy I would be to deal with the public if I was in their shoes and making $12 or so an hour. Anyways, my biggest issue with Rogers at this time is with the crappy Alpha version of Nextbox and the IPG. The CSRs have nothing to do with that.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I think a big part of it.. is alot people equate  problem not fixed = bad CSR.

If their problem is not solved right that second, if its something that can not be done (due to policy, whatever), but it is what they feel should be done.
If that CSR doesnt do it... regardless of how nice, polite, etc that CSR is.. its a bad CSR.

Not to say you cant get bad CSRs, im sure there are tons of them out there 😛

---

In the end..  its every users choice weither they stay or go.

People have to remember, that the grass ISN'T always greener on the other side.  While it might appear that way.. remember, you could run in to just as many problems with another provider.