What should i get

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: What should i get

Just to recap, even if you buy the HTC Nexus One or Samsung Nexus S subsidized, it will be UNLOCKED?

As far as the OP question goes, get your wife an iPhone 4S.  That's my recommendation.  If it was the OP who needed an upgraded from the 4, I'd say wait a year.  IMO, Android is just "there" yet and there are too many issues and/or bugs with the OS largely due to the OS being fragmented.  Personally, I am done with Android and I am going to the iPhone 5 (next year).

I Plan to Stick Around

@Hmm wrote:

Just to recap, even if you buy the HTC Nexus One or Samsung Nexus S subsidized, it will be UNLOCKED?

As far as the OP question goes, get your wife an iPhone 4S.  That's my recommendation.  If it was the OP who needed an upgraded from the 4, I'd say wait a year.  IMO, Android is just "there" yet and there are too many issues and/or bugs with the OS largely due to the OS being fragmented.  Personally, I am done with Android and I am going to the iPhone 5 (next year).

Correct they will be unlocked even subsidized.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@Hmm wrote:

Yes, again, all Nexus phones are unlcoked but that doesn't mean you don't hava to sign a 3-year contract.

The experience on Android is different from one device to another and  that's one of the main reason of it's success (worlwide: Android is the n°1 smartphone OS with twice the market share of iOS (iPhone)).

If you buy a phone with the Google experience (Nexus), HTC experience, Sony Ericsson experience, Samsung experience or LG experience ... you get a different user experience but you can still use the same apps and have access to the same apps.

With the iPhone, you have one good and easy experience... and that's it. Every iPhone users use their iPhones the same way.

I think that Nexus phones user experience are good enough compared to the iPhone and if you buy a Nexus S (or the next Nexus), you can't really go wrong. You won't suffer from fragmentation since you're using the same phone as the Andrid app developers and get the updates first.

... and access to Google services is way better on Android ... just like Facebook/Twitter/Skype/LastFM... integration in the OS.

I Plan to Stick Around

In case it changes anything for the op, your specs for the Galaxy Infuse are incorrect.... it is a completely different phone from the Galaxy S2 LTE. 

Your link is for the Infuse and your specs are incorrect for that phone (just look at your link). The actual specs are:

Samsung Galaxy S Infuse 4G

4G (NOT LTE) Network capable

Single-Core @1.2 Ghz

4.5" Super AMOLED Plus Display 800 x 480

8 MP Rear Camera

1.3 MP Front Camera

Android™ 2.3

16 Gig internal storage

32 Gig expandable 

Infuse Info: http://www.samsung.com/ca/consumer/mobile/mobile-p​hones/smartphones/SGH-I997ZKARWC/index.idx?pagety...

Here is the link fort he info released to date by Rogers for the Galaxy S2 LTE:

Samsung Galaxy S II™ LTE smartphone

• AWS for connectivity on the Rogers LTE network
  • Tri-band HSPA+/Quad-band EDGE for connectivity on the Rogers 4G HSPA+ network and international roaming
  • Dual-core 1.5 GHz processor
  • 4.5” WVGA Super AMOLED Plus touchscreen (480x800)
  • Android 2.3 operating system
  • 1GB RAM; 16GB internal memory
  • 8MP rear camera with flash, 2MP front facing camera
  • $199.99 with a 3-year hardware discount agreement ($649.99 No-term)
  • LINK: http://www.rogerslte.com/new-lte-devices/smartphone-and-tablet