cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's the proper procedure for porting Rogers number to another carrier?

GGQQ
I've Been Here Awhile

I have a 1-year wireless plan that ends this month. I'm thinking about porting my number to another carrier starting April. Here are my questions:

Somewhere it says my contract ends on March 9th, 2013, but my fees (i.e. invoice date) are due on March 21st. When do I give the "30-day notice" to Rogers; on the 9th or on the 21st? When can I approach another company about porting my number?

I'd like to avoid any penalty for switching; even though my contract is up.

Thanks in advance.

***edited labels***

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: What's the proper procedure for porting Rogers number to another carrier?

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello GGQQ

Once your contract is up, you go onto a month to month plan. This means if you want to port out or cancel your account, there will be NO fee. You will have to give them a 30 day notice tho. this notice has always been in place. You can port over your number anytime you like but if you do it before your contract is up, you may have to pay a really small fee ( $20 or so). If you do it after your contract is up, all you need to pay is the last final bill & you are good:)

Updated 2015

Once your contract is up you will be on a month to month basis. Once your contract is up you will no longer need to provide a 30 days notice. The only final fees to be paid is your last and final bill from Rogers. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Gdkitty
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Even though your bill date is one day, go off by the contract end date.  To avoid any fees you would want to give the 30 day notice, on/after the 9th, to be sure.

From there, i BELIEVE you could go to the other company right away about porting the number, etc.. you just still have to pay out the 30 days on the one, while starting the other..so MIGHT be best to wait it out?

(this is at least my understanding... if someone with MORE wireless experience, as its not my expertise on these forums knows otherwise, please chime in 🙂

Meowmix
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello GGQQ

Once your contract is up, you go onto a month to month plan. This means if you want to port out or cancel your account, there will be NO fee. You will have to give them a 30 day notice tho. this notice has always been in place. You can port over your number anytime you like but if you do it before your contract is up, you may have to pay a really small fee ( $20 or so). If you do it after your contract is up, all you need to pay is the last final bill & you are good:)

Updated 2015

Once your contract is up you will be on a month to month basis. Once your contract is up you will no longer need to provide a 30 days notice. The only final fees to be paid is your last and final bill from Rogers. 

Topic Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 Likes
  • 3 in conversation