What's the point of posting the Android OS update schedule?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Re: What's the point of posting the Android OS update schedule?

Thanks for your feedback, AdamUpNorth. I'll pass it on internally.

Sarah

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello RogersSarah

Let them know as well that we need the updates out faster. I know the other carriers are lagging behind as well but Rogers says they are "First" with everything right?. I am sure they can be first with updating their phones & equipment faster as well.

Thank you:).
I Plan to Stick Around

Sigh. Rogers (Sarah?) does not get it.

Saying "Dates are subject to change" is not a get-out-of-jail-free card. It's about credibility. It's about integrity. It's about customer service.

Since missing your monhtly delivery date doesn't seem to be a problem, would Rogers be happy if I decided to pay my monthly bill on a date subject to change?

When you post a date, you should mean it. It shouldn't mean that "I'm not sure when it's coming, so let's just say a  month from now because we said we'd give them a date." You should also make sure that the date you post is achievable. Ask your stakeholders...it's simple project management, really.

Otherwise, I really can't believe anything Rogers says.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Well said Alph.....Agree 100% Where do I sign ?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Alph

You need to understand one thing here because you seem to be missing the point. RogersSarah has NOTHING to do with the updates. AS its been posted before & above, she & the rest of the mods get the info from the back end team office. They are the ones with the info. RogersSarah & the rest of the mods just post what they get told.

WE need to start blaming the back end team office that if giving false info to them. The mods on here just do the work they are supposed to. They are not giving false info. Its the back end team that is doing this.

Rogers controls the monthly bills & when you pay ( by which day you have to pay it by.). If you fail to pay your monthly bill because you choice not to pay, then legally they can cut your services off & ruin your credit as you are failing to pay.. In this sutiation Rogers is not giving us the update we are supposed to get. No where does it say they are supposed to give us the update. No where is that rule set. They can refuse to give us the update if they wish without any arguements & without them having issues. If the stakeholders had a issues, they would have said something for the past 6 years this has been happpening. Believe me i know a few stakeholders that are with Rogers.

I do agree with you that anything Rogers says, i can not really believe it as they always do this. This is something that can ruin their company & the back end team office does not see this at all. Many have complained YET they do nothing about it. It seems that they always want to say " We need to wait to get the update & then test it & then release it" The update is in Rogers hands for a few months now. I am sure they can release it. They are just taking their time.

The problem is that they give out a date, the mods post it & then once that date comes, the back end team office just tells them to change it. I would LOVE to hear the excuse they will give us but they will never come here & comment.

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

As soon that I'll have my Nexus 4.............I'll become a free spirit..... After so many years with Rogers I might go somewhere else.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello picolo2000

That is good. They get updates straight from Google. I just with my Galaxy Nexus got them from Google instead of Samsung lol. Remember tho, The Nexus 4 will only get a few updates until Google & LG stop supporting it. It takes a 1-2 years for them to stop supporting them because of the OS which needs better hardware. Also the Nexus 4 is hard to get as Google has not even opened up the sales since December.

I have my Nexus 4 & like it 🙂

Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Tell me about it..... I bought a Google Nexus one in 2010. The set had a problem with the on/off switch. HTC nor Google wanted to repair it. But anyway the Nexus One telephone set was the best telephone I never had! Thanks HTC.......

I hope that I'll be able to say the same about my N4 !

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Rogers is a huge disappointment as a carrier. Their actions are quite contradictory to their words. Sigh...
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello puleen

I do agree with you!. The problem is that they are disappointing many customers to the point that they are leaving. They need to start setting a example & start doing the right thing. First thing will be to release all the updates within a timely fashion.