What languages are on board Rogers Nokia Lumia 710?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I've Been Here Awhile

What languages are on board Rogers Nokia Lumia 710?

Hi, would anyone be able to tell me which languages are on board the Nokia Lumia 710 on Rogers? I'm thinking of getting either this one now or maybe wait for Lumia 820; but I want to make sure that the following languages can be the UI:

• English
  • French
  • Traditional Chinese;

and that the following keyboard layouts are available:

• English
  • French
  • Traditional Chinese (BoPoMoFo or Zhuyin)
  • Japanese
  • Korean

I have had the experience where my Nokia X7 doesn't have any of these three Asian languages which I need; and I know that these languages are simply not there because of Nokia's language group code (which cannot be changed easily, if not at all)

I hope that someone would be so kind as to confirm to me that these languages up above are available on Rogers' Nokia Windows Phones. Thanks very much!

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: What languages are on board Rogers Nokia Lumia 710?

Looking at the options for my Lumia 900, which would be the same for 710. Chinese BoPoMoFo is available for a keyboard setting. French (Canada), Korean and Japanese (12 Key and QWERTY) are there as well for keyboard settings.

For language settings, it looks like there is traditional chinese, but I can't read it.

The 710 is a nice inexpensive phone, but if you can wait, I would wait for the 820 or 920. They should hopefully be out in November. The HTC 8X and 8S also look good.

I've Been Here Awhile

Awesome! Thank you very much for answering my question and for your advice as well. I will surely look into the rumoured prices for the Lumia 820 and HTC 8S. If I can afford it then I will get the newer ones as I intend to pay for the device just so that I am paying month-to-month instead of under a contract.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Windows Phone 8 is suppose to have even better language support, so it might be worth it to wait for the 820 if you can.

I Plan to Stick Around

I would just like to point out that regardless of interface language that your carrier or the manufacturer has put on the phone, you always have access to every keyboard available to Windows Phone. For example, right now I'm using an American HTC TITAN which only has English for the interface language, but I still have access to the French keyboard (a must for Quebec! Smiley Tongue) and all others supported.

I do not expect this to change with Windows Phone 8.