What is the latest HD cable box model from rogers?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

What is the latest HD cable box model from rogers?

I currently have the Netbox 3.0 that I received some time ago.  As my plan entitles me to the latest PVR device, could you please let me know what the latest boxes are?  I also own 2 8300HD devices and wanted to know how to get another HD box to replace them?

thanks

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: What is the latest HD cable box model from rogers?

@Alex4161 wrote:

I currently have the Netbox 3.0 that I received some time ago.  As my plan entitles me to the latest PVR device, could you please let me know what the latest boxes are?  I also own 2 8300HD devices and wanted to know how to get another HD box to replace them?

thanks

The Nextbox 3.0 is the latest PVR. Since you have it you must be familiar with the Navigatr interface. In view of that, I'm quite surprised you would want to replace your reliable 8300HD's with a quirky  Nextbox. But your choices are to buy or rent a Nextbox 3.0 (or a 4K non-PVR box if you have a new 4K TV) and sell the 8300's privately. Lots of customers are wanting to go back to those.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Hello, @mahomed

Thank you for your posting your query in the Community. Please follow the link to know about the latest digital boxes available

We can help you with upgrading the boxes, since addressing the issue involves in accessing your account, please send us a private message at @CommunityHelpsOur private messaging system is explained in this blog.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

@Alex4161 wrote:

thanks

The Nextbox 3.0 is the latest PVR. Since you have it you must be familiar with the Navigatr interface. In view of that, I'm quite surprised you would want to replace your reliable 8300HD's with a quirky  Nextbox. But your choices are to buy or rent a Nextbox 3.0 (or a 4K non-PVR box if you have a new 4K TV) and sell the 8300's privately. Lots of customers are wanting to go back to those.

Rogers PayGo. Location: S-W Ontario

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Thanks for the information. I will just keep using what I have now.

I did notice something about a new remote. Is this something I can get for free from rogers or do I have to use the existing remote I have now. thanks
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

You can pick up a remote from any local rogers location, if they have them in stock.
(mine has been sold out for quite a while).

They should be free, all you have to do is bring in your own exisiting remote.

The remote should work with ANY existing rogers box as the regular IR.

The new RF frequency part on it though (where it doesnt require pointing at the rogers box), will only work on the NB3 or the 4k box.

Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

I have the new remote. Even pointing directly at the devices doesn't guarantee they'll turn on or off. About 90%.