What is the fastest speed on Rogers Wireless Network in Toronto

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

What is the fastest speed on Rogers Wireless Network in Toronto

I am looking to get a new phone and wanted to know what is the fastest speed on Rogers network in the Toronto area.  I see buzz words of LTE, etc. with lots of Marketing but with very little technical info.  I want to know what speed in Mbps would I see.  

Also, what are the real world speeds I would see?

Thanks

*Edited Labels*

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: What is the fastest speed on Rogers Wireless Network in Toronto

Hello, @Alex4161

Thank you for posting an interesting query in the forum. The LTE-Advanced is available on Rogers Network in Toronto which supports downlink speeds of up to 225 Mbps. You need a Cat-6 device to achieve the LTE-A supported speeds, however, there are many variables like location, environment, interferences etc. will affect the wireless communication. 

@Community - please chime in with your expertise.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted

Hello, @Alex4161

Thank you for posting an interesting query in the forum. The LTE-Advanced is available on Rogers Network in Toronto which supports downlink speeds of up to 225 Mbps. You need a Cat-6 device to achieve the LTE-A supported speeds, however, there are many variables like location, environment, interferences etc. will affect the wireless communication. 

@Community - please chime in with your expertise.

Cheers,

RogersMoin

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Thanks for the information.  This is exactly what I needed to know.