What is the default SIM pin for new SIMs

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

What is the default SIM pin for new SIMs

I am wanting to set up a PIN on my SIM for security and when trying to set up it asks me for a PIN. So far 0000 doesn't work. I already had to get PUK code for one sim and would rather not have to do that for my other two phones. What would the default setup PIN be?

Thanks

***edited labels***

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: What is the default SIM pin for new SIMs

Hi there.

Each SIM card has 2 PIN's attached. The first PIN is always 1234 and the 2nd PIN is different for each card. If you are trying to change PIN 1 then 1234 will work. If it is PIN 2, you will have to call in and support can provide you with your other PIN. When the PIN is entered incorrectly too many times, your device will ask you for a PUK code. Rogers has these on file. If that PUK code gets entered incorrectly your SIM will become deactivated and will need to be replaced. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

I think I have had this problem before.

12345 or maybe your phone number? 

Jepson M
------------------------------
Apple Fanboy - Rogers Customer for over 10 years.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Maybe you shouldnt PIN your SIM cards if your going to forget the PIN, also I am sure any of the Rogers CSR's could easily and effectively answer this question for you.  I assume you are talking about the new micro SIM since your posting in the Apple section is this safe to assume?

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi there.

Each SIM card has 2 PIN's attached. The first PIN is always 1234 and the 2nd PIN is different for each card. If you are trying to change PIN 1 then 1234 will work. If it is PIN 2, you will have to call in and support can provide you with your other PIN. When the PIN is entered incorrectly too many times, your device will ask you for a PUK code. Rogers has these on file. If that PUK code gets entered incorrectly your SIM will become deactivated and will need to be replaced. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Thanks for the info 1234 worked now I can put my own pins on them.

I wasn't forgetting any PINs I was trying to change the default one for security reasons. But thanks for your advice.

The default PIN was also 1234 for me.  I since then changed it.  Thanks!

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Default SIM pin for new SIM's ROGERS: 1 2 3 4

You can change. Follow the screen on your phone; afyer ask for actual pin, will ask ju for a new one than confirm; thats it!