What is going on??

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

What is going on??

I live in Ottawa and have reserved my blackberry 10 phone. I called the store to get more info about if they will call me or do I just show up on the 30 to get my phone. They told me that blackberry is not releasing the phones that date. It is just an announcement.Is that true??????

****Edited Labels****

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: What is going on??

Hello dlawrence8

Yes this is true. Blackberry is going to announce the phones on January 30th. That date is NOT the release date tho. RIM may tell us the release date but its up to the carrier to announce the release date. Most likely a week or 2 weeks after they will release them. Apple does the same thing. So does most of the manufactures

Also please post in the " Blackberry 10 questions / reservation number" thread.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Awwwww that sucks so bad 😞 I was all excited for nothing

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello dlawrence8

I know :(. Believe me i want it to come out next week as well!!
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

well thank you for answering

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Is there a manual for the 10? Is there gps? The 8520 does not have one

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello dlawrence8

The manual was leaked out BUT RIM had all the websites take them down. Yes all the new blackberries have GPS on them. The new Blackberry 10 will have all the new features.

" The BlackBerry 10 L-Series (full touchscreen) devices are rumoured to house a dual core 1.5 GHz Texas Instruments OMAP 4470 processor (Qualcomm Snapdragon MSM8960 for the US and Canada markets), and a 4.2-inch display with 1280×768 resolution at 356 pixels per inch (PPI).[10] Connectivity options will include NFC, Bluetooth 4.0, 3G, 4G LTE and Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n) & GPS. An 8 megapixel (MP) AF rear facing camera and a 2 megapixel front facing camera with 1080p video recording are expected, with support for microHDMI. 2 GB RAM and a removable microSD card (up to 32 GB) will be available.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Do you have blackberry now? Can you go to your calandar and check on the 30mine says blackberry release (usa)

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Awesome ty for the info 🙂

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello dlawrence8

Yes i do. I own the Bold 9900 & use it at the moment. Next Wednesday is the 30th. Next week on Wednesday RIM will go live around the world & announce the Blackberry 10 smartphone. After that, no one knows when the release will be. Most likely it could be a few day / a week after.

http://global.blackberry.com/blackberry-10.html?CPID=KNC-kw826530_p7&HBX_PK=rim|57196610-da9a-10c9-f37f-000036eed977