What is EAE status? And should it be enabled.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

What is EAE status? And should it be enabled.

I have been having huge issues for the last few days.. Every few hours the modem drops completely. The only thing I *think* may be different is in the modem status it now says "EAE status Disable" where before I thought it said success along with everything else. I really wasn't able to find much to do with "EAE" and routers when using google. Maybe a MAC conflict somewhere? If anyone is able to shed some light it would be appreciated.

***edited labels***

Highlighted
I've Been Around

Re: What is EAE status? And should it be enabled.

EARLY AUTHENTICATION AND ENCRYPTION (EAE)

Early authentication functions as a network admission control; only authenticated Cable Modems (CMs) are allowed to continue their initialization process and may be subsequently admitted to the network. The results of a successful authentication are used for securing subsequent steps in the CM’s initialization process.

This has been disable by default (factory) because I asume the Baseline Privacy Interface (BPI) is the one active and has been authorized the athentication and the traffic encryption keys (TEK) are operational.

You can find more information about EAE in the CableLabs' document titled "Data-Over-Cable Service Interface Specifications DOCSIS 3.0"  

@H2013 wrote:
I have been having huge issues for the last few days.. Every few hours the modem drops completely. The only thing I *think* may be different is in the modem status it now says "EAE status Disable" where before I thought it said success along with everything else. I really wasn't able to find much to do with "EAE" and routers when using google. Maybe a MAC conflict somewhere? If anyone is able to shed some light it would be appreciated.