What are my options for getting a Galaxy Nexus?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

What are my options for getting a Galaxy Nexus?

I currently have a 2010 Sony Xperia X10 and want to upgrade. I really want a Samsung Galaxy Nexus in order to have a pure vanilla Android experience and upgrades. Rogers doesn't seem to carry the Nexus any longer.

Can I get a Nexus from anywhere else and put my existing SIM card in it and have it work automatically? Where is a good place to find a Nexus?

****Edited Labels****

Solved! Go to Solution.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: What are my options for getting a Galaxy Nexus?

You can get a Galaxy Nexus from some Rogers plus stores or Wireless wave. Some stores have limited instock.

Also yes it will work. The Galaxy Nexus is factory unlocked so it will work just as fine.
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Expansys $425, If you know someone on the other side of the border, you can get it directly from the Google Play Store for 350$.

I Plan to Stick Around

If you're near the end of your contract you could cancel with Rogers and switch to Fido.  GNex is $30 there.

I'm a Trusted Contributor

@nicko68 wrote:

I currently have a 2010 Sony Xperia X10 and want to upgrade. I really want a Samsung Galaxy Nexus in order to have a pure vanilla Android experience and upgrades. Rogers doesn't seem to carry the Nexus any longer.

Can I get a Nexus from anywhere else and put my existing SIM card in it and have it work automatically? Where is a good place to find a Nexus?

I'd recommend waiting because the next Nexus device will be available by the end of November surely. When you think about it, that's only 2 months away.

I Plan to Stick Around

@mbazdell wrote:

I'd recommend waiting because the next Nexus device will be available by the end of November surely. When you think about it, that's only 2 months away.

Haven't heard anything firm about the next Nexus.  Where did you read this? 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Google asked all carriers to pull the Galaxy Nexus. This ONLY happens if the device is not selling well OR a new one is coming out.

If you search google, you will find out many have seen leaked photos of the hardware into the new phone & some have even said there is going to be 5 new Nexus phones.

It may not be Available by the end of Nov like Mbazdell said but its worth waiting if you do not need a phone at the moment.
I Plan to Stick Around

Yeah, there will be a new Nexus - I just haven't heard anything beyond speculation about when.

The OP could consider one of the new Motorolla phones which are said to be pretty close to vanilla Android and now that they are owned by Google are sure to get JB ASAP.