Warning: SCAM App in Google Play Store

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Warning: SCAM App in Google Play Store

Watch out for "Battery Juicer" app in the Google Play store.  In the fine print it warns you that if you agree to the UPGRADE (which arrives like a regular upgrade notification) you will be charged 4 at $5 (total of $20) in SMS text messages to a pay service at 88665.

******* Edit labels ********

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Warning: SCAM App in Google Play Store

Thank you for letting us know BUT i can not seem to find it. Unless maybe Google took it down but i searched & no where can i find it.
I Plan to Stick Around

Wife got it by accident when she clicked a banner ad in a game..... Had to wipe to factory settings. I couldn't find a way to get rid of ur.
I Plan to Stick Around

It wasn't something that was installed on purpose, it's not in the market, it's an app ad malware installer.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Well i have yet to get anything like that & i hope it stays that way. This is why i look at the apps permissions before installing it.
Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 Like
  • 3 in conversation