Wanted to exchange iphone 6 for 6+... but 3 minutes made this impossible.

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Wanted to exchange iphone 6 for 6+... but 3 minutes made this impossible.

Purchased the iPhone 6 128GB space grey at my local apple store 12 days ago. I realized over this past week that the battery life sucks and decided to reserve at 6+ to go and exhange.

I realized the policy Rogers has of under 30 minutes talk time and within 15 days to exhange.

I contacted Rogers and... I had 33 minutes... 33.

NO LEEWAY for the 3 minutes... ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?

I understand its policy, but... c'mon... after 8 years with this company... I should have made the switch to Bell when I had the chance 12 days ago... so now I'm stuck with a phone that doeesnt get me through my day, for 2 more years... great.

I'll be sure not to make the same mistake in 24 months.

***Edited Labels.***

Solved! Go to Solution.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Wanted to exchange iphone 6 for 6+... but 3 minutes made this impossible.

Hello Yoshibaba

Unfortunately all the carriers have this rule. The system won't allow them to put the device back or take it back. So whoever u go with next, u will have u the same policy as Rogers. Just a heads up

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Yoshibaba

Unfortunately all the carriers have this rule. The system won't allow them to put the device back or take it back. So whoever u go with next, u will have u the same policy as Rogers. Just a heads up

View solution in original post

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Not sure if it's a known issues or not... But i find increasing battery life you can turn off some APP/services/Features until you need them. Ie: locations service, WiFi - hotspot- blue tooth - (even data if not using it) Logging out of apps... and so on...

Also using the battery saver helps... I'm an android users but sure it the same with iphones
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

Sorry to hear you couldn't do your exchanged - it does sound silly for 3 minutes eh
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello jkroesen

The problem is even if the store rep wants to take it back, the system won't let it happen as the system can see if you went over 30 minutes on the sim card / number or not. I had the same issue for 5 minutes & the rep tried & couldn't ( Happened a few years ago)
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

You know after you use it it's considered a used device and cannot be sold as new. This is entirely a "you" problem. The information for battery life and bigger battery has been out there before reservations were possible. So if you order the wrong thing that's on you. Others are still awaiting in queue to get their first phone. Bell had it at 10 min before for no return. You need to understand if they returned it it's because of good customer service not because they have too. You bought it the reset is on you. It's not defective.
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello roja

While that is true, as customers we do have the right to return the device if we see fit & do not like the battery life or other things on it. Remember that is why they have the ( Buyers remorse policy) in affect. Even if it was 3 minutes passed the time limit, it shouldn't be a problem. Its not a half an hour or an hour longer. Its 3 minutes late.

In the end the OP can not return it unless somehow the store by passes the system but even doing that will cause problems & will need the backend or someone higher to approve of it.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Hi Meowmix

What you say is true about it only being over 3 mins over 30.  And yes the OP has the right to return it.  But as you said 30 mins of use is a standard that is not new at all to anyone purchasing a phone.  All the sales people have been trainied to identify that.  As much as they would like to di it they can't.  

If they start sliding the scale past 30 mins where does it stop.  Mind you the prices of these phones are crazy as it is.  I for instance am afraid to move on to a new phone.  I have a 4s and was ready to get a 6 but cancelled my reservation as I wanted to see how these phones handle.  We are over 2 months in and i am still unsure.  LOL buy the time I am ready a 6s will be out.