Want to purchase new phone

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm Here A Lot

Want to purchase new phone

Hi, everyone!

I am currently on a 3-year contract but it ends this October. I want to cancel this contract and buy a new phone with a different contract. Also, I still want to use the same number. Is this possible? And if so, approximately how much would it cost?

I suppose another option would be to upgrade but if I do that would I still need to be on my current plan? I really want a new plan so I'm not sure...

Any and all help is appreciated! Thank you!

***edited labels***

Solved! Go to Solution.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

Re: Want to purchase new phone

While under a contract, while there are sometimes restrictions, you should be able to switch plans at any time, no penalty.

As for to upgrade the phone.. best to call in.  LIKELY you are still on the old contract method, so there will be an early upgrade fee, as well as a value you have to pay for each remaining month.
(the new flex tab, is MUCH better than this, luckily).

I'm Here A Lot

Ohh, I was under the impression that you had to cancel a contract to switch plans! Thanks for clarifying!

I guess I'll have to call in regarding the new phone then. Alright then, thank you for answering!

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

just saw this on the front page.

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/freedom-advantage?cm_sp=homepage-pre-_-freedom-advantage-en-0213-_...

first part, sorta says it.  Can change at any time, no fees, etc on the plans Smiley Happy

I've Been Here Awhile

I, too, want to buy a new phone, but Rogers won't sell it to me. I picked the phone, after waiting for service for nearly an hour at a Rogers mall store, checked that the sim card from the old (dead) phone would work in it, only to be told that that model and price was available only to Pay as you Go customers. I'm on a monthly plan so would have to pay double! However, the clerk said the same phone was available at Future Shop for the same initial price, I could buy it there, then call in the new phone's serial number to activate it.

This is service? I don't understand the rationale. Do you know the number to call at Rogers to activate the F-Shop phone, as I can't find it on the website. Or, do you have a better suggestion?

What a run-around! Thanks for any help.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello windjamer

You can call Rogers 1-888-764-3771. Also when you buy a phone from Future Shop, the reps there should be able to help you add It and all
I've Been Here Awhile

Thanks for your advice, Meowmix, I'll do that. 

Seems like poor policy on Roger's part, to put a customer through so much inconvenience.  No wonder they score so poorly on satisfaction surveys.

I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello windjamer

You are welcome. I do agree, the store reps do not seem like they actually want to help let alone know anything.