WWE Network Programming

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Re: WWE Network Programming

Here's a weird one - I just found out that the WWE Network will be free in February, and apparently it was supposed to be free back in November.  Does this apply to Canada too, or will we be getting the screws here?

Also, when can we start accessing content online?  The original notice said sometime in Dec 2014 - I'd love to be able to watch last night's episode of NXT at work on my lunch break or something...

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

louistentsos:

You're probably referring to the announcers on Raw and Smackdown who talk about the WWE Network endlessly and things like free trials. I don't think free trials are available here, but there may have been a brief free period when it was introduced in Canada by Rogers. Regarding online availability, I found this excerpt from the FAQ thread above:

"When will I be able to get WWE Network online like WWE Network in the U.S.?

Rogers and WWE are working on all the technical requirements to make this happen in an authenticated, secure manner that meets Rogers, WWE and Customer’s expectations. Unfortunately, there is no current timing that we can provide. This also includes offering WWE Net Pak on all-screens – tablets, mobile phones, Smart TVs etc. – to offer our customers a true “TV Everywhere” experience".

Do you have the package yourself? My issue with the service is the program guide is unreliable and is only about 2 days ahead. I've often recorded something based on what the guide says and got something completely different. For instance, a couple of nights ago the WWE Network was supposed to show a Steve Austin "podcast" featuring Triple H. When I checked the guide, it was not listed. That leads me to wonder if the WWE Network that we get here is different from the one seen in the U.S.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

Is this for this week, or in general? I know because Raw (and the shows taped around Raw) was cancelled because of the snowstorm, that would mean changing the programming the lineup for the week. I do know the SCSA podcast with Hunter isn't supposed to be happening until Feb 2nd.

In any case, NXT is the main thing worth watching on the Network. 😛
Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

louistentsos:

The guide problem I mentioned happens frequently.

Yes, Raw was cancelled on Monday and the previous night's Royal Rumble was shown instead. Raw and Smackdown are shown on Sportsnet360, not the WWE Network. In fact, Sportsnet360 showed the rescheduled Raw last night at its normal time. Where did you find out about the podcast being on Feb. 2? Maybe it also got rescheduled. The announcers on Monday night said it would be on after the Royal Rumble which is why I looked for it on the WWE Network, but didn't see it.

NXT is pretty good, but there's a lot more interesting stuff on the WWE Network. I particularly like a series called WWE Beyond The Ring. It showcases the lives of wrestlers going back to their childhood and covering everything that happened to them up to and including their WWE years. Some of the stories are just fascinating and it's done in a documentary style. One of the real interesting ones was a 2 hour one on CM Punk who left the WWE a while back over a dispute with Vince McMahon.

Also, the WWE Network gives us all the PPV events as part of the package. I recorded the Royal Rumble on Sunday and watched it on Monday. There's also an On Demand channel with lots of interesting stuff, although much of it is older.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Doesn't appear that the free preview applies in Canada.   WWE Network canada is different than in the rest of the world as it is only licensed as a traditional TV service at this time.

I believe that Rogers did shepard the 'Over the Top' (or online in non-CRTC lingo) portion thru approvals in December, but  no announcement as to when it will be available.

Highlighted
I'm a Senior Advisor

Re: WWE Network Programming- FREE PREVIEW

Well, shiver me timbers.

Looks like the WWE Network free preview DOES apply in Canada.  Just tuned to 512 this morning (as it was no longer greyed out in my guide and, voila, there it is...

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Guys,

Nice to see some fellow WWE fans on the forum! Just wanted to give a heads up that the ONLINE site with all the content has been working for me since the third week of January.  To access:

1. Go to http://www.wwe.com.  Sing in with your wwe.com account, or create one.

2. Go to http://www.wwe.com/canada

3. Scroll to bottom of page and click the "click here" link.

4.  On the new tab that opens, click ROGERS as your television provider.

5. Enter your MyRogers user name and password and click "Sign in".

6. Finally, click the red "Start Watching" button.

The live stream seems to be about ten seconds behind on my tablet, but who cares! Check out all that content...

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

robindp:

Thanks for posting that. I'm surprised that Rogers isn't advertising this. You are the first person to mention it here. I just went through the procedure and it's very straight forward. I notice that Rogers says you can watch it on your PC or laptop, but you've been doing it on a tablet, so I assume any mobile device will work. I have an iPhone and I'm going to give it a shot. Thanks again! Smiley Very Happy

EDIT: Just tried it on my iPhone, but it doesn't work. When I log in with My Rogers, that part works fine, but I get taken to the WWE App for another sign in to the WWE Network. When I sign in there, it tells me I'm not authorized to watch the WWE Network despite the fact that I've signed up and had it authorized by Rogers on my computer, which works fine. How did you get your tablet to work?

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Hello jimboden,

I am very surprised that Rogers is not advertising this.  WWE Network Online is a major draw, and allows users who do not have an STB in every room to enjoy the WWE Network from thier computer or mobile device.

To answer your question, I didn't do anything to make my tablet to work.  My tablet is a Microsoft Surface 2 (not Surface 2 Pro) which runs Windows 8.1 RT.  I have not checked if the video is in Adobe Flash or HTML5 format.

I will test this later today from my iPad 4 and advise, but I don't hold out much hope as it did not work on your iPhone.  Will also test on my htc One m8 (Android) and advise.

EDIT: I checked - the video is in Adobe Flash format.

Highlighted
I'm an Advisor

Just tested and I struck out on my Android phone. 

- Followed steps in my original instructions.

- I tapped the red "Start Watching" button, then got a screen indicating I needed to "Purchase the WWE Network". 

- I tapped the "Android App on Google Play" button.  The play store loads and tells me the app is already installed.

- I started the WWE app, then tapped the "Watch WWE Network Now!" button...got a screen that said:

"You must be a WWE Network Subscriber to view this content.  Please check wwe.com/billing to verify your subscription status or visit wwe.com/wwenetwork to purchase a subscription."

So...seems we have it on our computers and Windows RT tablets, but not our iOS or Android devices.