WARNING TEXT ALERT PLS READ

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

WARNING TEXT ALERT PLS READ

So i got a txt from a wanna be bestbuy first no idea how best buy would get my number saying i won a prize and needed to claim in 24 hours the link look legit but it redirected me to ziinga. Com so i look at the link again and it was www.bestbuy.ca. (.) Not a / so there means its not bestbuys link it some one that has bestbuy in there url.i did not put info in the site im not that stupid .just thought i would warn wveryone to look out for this

***edited labels***

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: WARNING TEXT ALERT PLS READ

It's funny how my buddy that or for bestbuy got the same text lastnight as well. He called head office and is having them look at it to see if it's a real one or a scam.
Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

I think its a scam as it dont bring you to bestbuy website.there was lots of bestbuy scammers on instagram weeks back.best part is is they dont block the number lol
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Scanners use different numbers and computerized numbera to dial out. Sometimes this way they do not get caught but seeing as best buy already knows they will get caught
I'm Here A Lot

I got this too but the url it sends you to is:
www.bestbuy.ca.xxxxxxxxx.com

So you're actually going to the xxxxxxxx.com address which obviously isn't the real Best Buy. The bestbuy.ca part is just a subdomain and unrelated to the real site.

Definitely a scam.
Highlighted
I'm an Enthusiast

Rogers should filter this or block it
Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Agreed. I really hope Rogers does notice this. A few friends told me they got the text last night & yesterday morning. I wonder if this person will get caught scamming,

Spoke to best buy & they told me many people have informed them about this & they are looking into it. They also told me just to ignore the next & delete it without viewing the link or anything.
Highlighted
I'm a Reliable Contributor

Well at least I got charged for getting this text...

...wait.

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

What do you mean charger? Rogers charged you for this text that was sent to you? I would speak to them about it seeing as its a scam text.
Highlighted
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I can see you getting charged if you do not subscribe to a text messaging plan, then that means u would get charged even if i sent you a text, so dont blame the spammer that u get charged, but blaame him for spamming you