Volume Cisco DTA50

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I'm a Regular

Volume Cisco DTA50

Why is the volume so low with the Cisco DTA50 box?  Yes I have put the volume all the way up on the DTA50 box,it's been a complaint from a few people I've heard from and once analog goes completely I don't want to have to always blast my volume on my tv so high.

I've heard by 2013 analog will be illegal to broadcast and there is a big fine for the broadcasters,is this true?  I've noticed BET and MTV already is gone.

***Edited labels***

I'm an Enthusiast

Re: Volume Cisco DTA50

@Jayzino wrote:

Why is the volume so low with the Cisco DTA50 box?  Yes I have put the volume all the way up on the DTA50 box,it's been a complaint from a few people I've heard from and once analog goes completely I don't want to have to always blast my volume on my tv so high.

I've heard by 2013 analog will be illegal to broadcast and there is a big fine for the broadcasters,is this true?  I've noticed BET and MTV already is gone.

Looks like I'll have to get a DTA sooner or later. Great to hear there are problems with the volume...! We just lost the Comedy Network as well as BET and MTV.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

i am not having any audio issues, i do know some people who do not read the manual and are using the built in volume of the DTA-50 instead of their tv volume, so they have 2 volume meters, most of the complaints are from ppl who do not program the volume setting correctly, trust me, its easy, just turn the DTA-50 volume to the max, then read the manual and figure out how to make the volume keys on the remote control your TV's volume up/down instead of the DTA-50, that way the audio outputting from the DTA-50 is full signal, going into your tv, should not experience issues. its the people who piut the DTA-50 volume on half way, then crank their tv volume so high cus they cant hear anything, then when they change to another input such as dvd player or vcr complain they are blasting their ears off, they can easily solve this, the info is not hidden its readidly available, we as customers need to educate our self, yes there will be the odd grandpa or grandma who doesnt know, thats why we have technicians to visit ppl.

I'm a Regular

Haven't lost Comedy here not yet at least.

I'm a Regular

I know how to read, I even mentioned already I turned the volume all the way up on the DTA box.  I am controlling the volume on my tv not the DTA box.   

Smiley Indifferent

Spoiler

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

glad to hear you are using the cisco dta remote to control your tv's volume instead of controling the dta's internal volume.

I've Been Here Awhile

Haven't found any reply that answers the question why the volume is much lower once the DTA50 is connected.  I've done everything per the manual and still the volume is much lower and both the t.v. and the DTA50 are now at 100% volume.  Sitting 15 ft away and it is difficult to hear the t.v.

Look forward to something more productive to check.

Resident Expert
Resident Expert

if both are up,,  not sure if there is much that you can do 😞

I would guess, the default line value for the volume must be lower with the digital.. as the analog would be a fairly flat  less variable value, but could be higher.

I'm a Reliable Contributor

@Jayzino wrote:

I know how to read, I even mentioned already I turned the volume all the way up on the DTA box.  I am controlling the volume on my tv not the DTA box.   

Smiley Indifferent

Spoiler

For those who have not gotten a DTA yet, they should remember that you MUST turn the volume all the way up first on the DTA before programing the remote for your tv.  Since there are NO buttons on the DTA, you cannot manually adjust the volume, you can only change it via the remote.  And once the remote is programed for your tv, its somewhat difficult to re-program it back to the DTA just to adjust the volume - so crank the DTA first, then set remote for tv and all will be good.

I've Been Here Awhile

Big-Jug wrote:

For those who have not gotten a DTA yet, they should remember that you MUST turn the volume all the way up first on the DTA before programing the remote for your tv.  Since there are NO buttons on the DTA, you cannot manually adjust the volume, you can only change it via the remote.  And once the remote is programed for your tv, its somewhat difficult to re-program it back to the DTA just to adjust the volume - so crank the DTA first, then set remote for tv and all will be good.

I realize this may be difficult, but are there instructions out there to allow me to reprogram the remote back to the DTA50 so I can see if that is my problem?