Voice and Data at the same time?

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
I Plan to Stick Around

Re: Voice and Data at the same time?

Yeah, it does. Just REALLY want to make sure. But I'll take your word for it. Sounds like you've done your due diligence with this. I would call Rogers myself, but often I find people have no idea what I'm talking about.

Here's one of the articles that caused my concern: http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&source=web&cd=3&ved=0CDsQFjAC&url=http%3A%2F%2Fnews.cnet.com%2F8301-13...

Many thanks for your help.
I'm a Trusted Advisor

You are welcome :).

If you read the atricle you will see

" AT&T customers have the ability to talk and surf simultaneously on the iPhone 5," the company said."

Rogers & AT&T are the same. The both run on the same networks & such. So there should not be a worry about it 🙂

If you call & ask reps, they wont know what to say & they might even give you the wrong answer.
Resident Expert
Resident Expert

I can confirm, it does work.
I donut all the time, wife calls, go back to the main screen to look something up for her, etc.

Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

One last question regarding this. Do you know I both work simultaneously on Telus?
I'm a Trusted Advisor

That i can not say because i have never been with Telus nor did i ever use a iPhone with Telus before. Sorry:(
I Plan to Stick Around

My only concern is that yes, currently multitasking on calls / data works with 3G. But the issue that is in question here is how LTE affects simultaneous voice and data. So I'm not 100% sold on the fact that you will be able to do both if you're using LTE, but I'd be happy to be proven wrong. 🙂 

I'm a Trusted Advisor

@MattAlex151

On my other post on the first page i explained how when you are trying to make a phone call while you are on LTE, LTE will drop & it will use 3G / 4G (HSPA+). This is a known fact because every LTE device Rogers has does this. Even it happens on Bell as well.

So while you are on the phone & going on the internet, you will have speeds from 3G & 4G ( HSPA+)
I Plan to Stick Around

I understand the concern though. What Meowmix is saying makes sense but all of these articles seem t suggest that the antenna designs seem lacking in some way and don't permit this to work the way it has.

I'm going to trust Meowmix on this one, though.
Order Now!
Wilder vs. Ortiz II Live
LIVE: Saturday, November 23, 2019 8PM ET
Channels: 348 (HD) | 350 (SD) | Ignite TV 499
Price: $74.99 (HD) | $69.99 (SD) | Ignite TV $74.99
DTV can order on Nov. 21st & Ignite TV customers can order now!

Reigning heavyweight world champion Deontay "The Bronze Bomber'' Wilder takes on his most dangerous challenger as he defends his WBC title in a rematch against once-beaten Cuban slugger Luis "King Kong'' Ortiz.

Topic Stats
  • 17 replies
  • 2 Likes
  • 5 in conversation