Visual voice mail and voice mail notifications!

Need Help?

That's what we're here for! The goal of the Rogers Community is to help you find answers on everything Rogers. Can't find what you're looking for? Just ask!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

Visual voice mail and voice mail notifications!

Native bb os 10 has visual voicemail and notification support so why is there no voicemail  notifications or visual voicemail in the rogers version of the blackberry Q10?

Even with the second is update,vvm and the vm notification still does not work!When will rogers launch a patch or feature provisioning for vvm!?

***edited labels***

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Re: Visual voice mail and voice mail notifications!

Hello tattooedpierced

Yes BB 10 does support it but its up to the carriers to enable it. I know Bell has enabled it but Rogers has been saying it will come soon. There is no indication when it will come tho. They won't let us know unless it actually comes out and they do not give any ETA at all.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

whats the quick fix?

Changing to the mms version of the 5$ value pack?

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello tattooedpierced

Yea that would be it
Highlighted
I've Been Around

Just went through the whole ordeal of trying to get Rogers to downgrade my Visual Voicemail + to the MMS based service. In order to retain my other BB $12.00 Value Pack features I'd have to buy them individually, resulting in a cost of $24.50 even before the addition of MMS voicemail! 

I am being asked to pay more for less because Rogers can't get their act together on the Q10/Z10. Not happening, plain and simple. 

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Contributor

I hate posting advice such as this on the Rogers forums but keep in mind that there are other carriers in town.  If the company you're with isn't providing the service you think you deserve, look around.  

No carrier offers it all, so ask around to see if anyone can offer you close to what you're looking for.

Cheers.  🙂

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello Billj

Bell offers visual voicemail for the Z10 and Q10. Sadly Rogers once again has let us down on this. If you search you will see Bell offers it and Rogers has told customers "coming soon".

Sadly it seems Rogers wants to boost the sales for the BB10 phones but can not provide a simple visual voicemail like Bell does.

Highlighted
I've Been Here Awhile

It's june and I have a Z10 unfortunately I had 13 voicemails in my mailbox and no notifications.  Why is it Rogers the biggest BlackBerry supporters who have launched the very first blackberry of all time have failed to launch a feature that is integrated into the BB 10 platform?  A no we don't want a crap Rogers app that sits on top of the phone that sucks and drains battery and warns you when you're on wifi that it won't work.  GET THIS FIXED ROGERS ASAP!

Highlighted
I'm a Trusted Advisor

Hello GTAtech

It is not really draining your battery... You are leaving the App open which is causing the app to be on & keep notifying you about the WiFi.

I have the app on both my Z10 & Q10 & i never once got a notification for WiFi unless i opened the app.
Highlighted
I Plan to Stick Around

It was working fine on my Q10 and suddenly disappeared. I called Rogers and they informed me that they don't support VVM on OS10. Way to go Rogers! Since then I have spent 50 minutes on hold and bounced from department to department. That includes one dropped call. I have just about had it with Rogers.